Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Ex BNP candidate responsible for Tottenham Court Road bomb scare
  • Lifer
    Free Member

http://www.bigsmoke.org.uk/?p=76116

This is the second time in recent history that a supporter of the far-right British National Party has attempted a serious bomb attack in London.

In 1999 BNP member David Copeland planted three nail-bombs, one in Brixton, one in Brick Lane and one in Soho, in which three people died and around one hundred fifty people were seriously injured. Once again the media were keen to state that Copeland was an isolated individual despite the clear political motivation behind the bomb placements and the fact that he was proven to have stewarded BNP meetings.

Green seems to have been motivated by his own personal failures which he seemed willing to blame others for. It was a great relief that his attempted suicide bombing ended without deaths or injuries but we should be cautious of allowing the “lone nutter” theory to, once again, be used when it comes to far-right extremists. The press would be treating this incident very differently had the bomber been hirsute, sporting a tan, and with a name less familiar than Michael.

brakes
    Free Member

so this is suggesting that the BNP are terrorists because 2 supporters threatened to blow themselves up in 13 years.

maccruiskeen

Green seems to have been motivated by his own personal failures which he seemed willing to blame others for

Pretty much describes anyone from the BNP, EDL, the DMG or the N&S

Junkyard
    Free Member

this is suggesting that the BNP are terrorists because 2 supporters threatened to blow themselves up in 13 years.

no but there may be a link between extremists and extremist acts.
    So let just say extremists are the most likely to bomb you and think for a minute about whether the BNP attract extremists.

avdave2

no but there may be a link between extremists and extremist acts.
    So let just say extremists are the most likely to bomb you and think for a minute about whether the BNP attract extremists.

I’d kind of hope MI5 might be on to that idea already. 🙂

binners

I’d kind of hope MI5 might be on to that idea already.

Given how long it took MI5 to conclude that one of their own staff, found dead on the inside of a locked bag, probably didn’t put himself in there, I wouldn’t bank on it 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

1 threatened to blow himself up, the other planted nailbombs that killed 3 people.

If he was Muslim, with the motivation the same (HGV licence row) and nothing to do with religion, would the ‘definitely not a terrorist’ line still be prevalent in the reporting?

I can think of one poster on here who would have used it as ‘all muslims are terrorists’ flame bait.

bwaarp
    Free Member

so this is suggesting that the BNP are terrorists because 2 supporters threatened to blow themselves up in 13 years.

The lady doth protest too much.

Third time…. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talbot_Street_bomb-making_haul

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Personally I think the BNP is probably full of “lone nutters”, why less would someone be attracted to joining an organisation which at the very heart of its philosophy is hate ? I doubt that many join the BNP because they want to make the world a more caring and tolerant place. Anger and hate is what motivates them, and it also appears that anger and hate is what motivated Michael Green last Friday.

Nonsense
    Free Member

binners – think you’ll find he worked for GCHQ

JPR
    Free Member

Lynch, it’s very difficult to get a group of lone nutters.

roper
    Free Member

it’s very difficult to get a group of lone nutters.

welcome to stw

Junkyard
    Free Member

think you’ll find he worked for GCHQ

he was on a secondment working for MI5

slowmart
    Free Member

MI6 actually.

Let’s hope some people ride better than their grasp of well reported facts………

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it’s very difficult to get a group of lone nutters.

But possible when they have a common interest – a shared hatred for other humans. For obvious reasons the Animal Liberation Front also attracts them, which incidentally often has a crossover of lone nutters with the BNP.

For example, Gavin Medd-Hall, who’s doing time at HMP Coldingley for hate campaigns in connection with animal rights was formally very active in the Croydon NF/BNP.

http://www.veggies.org.uk/event.php?ref=1484

And Croydon’s BNP election candidate had a past conviction also for hate campaigns in connection with animal rights .

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/BNP-candidate-s-criminal-past-boost-vote/story-11368938-detail/story.html

Obviously there are inherent problems with lone nutters being in organisations, which explains why there are constant internal battles within the BNP – and there were in the NF before it.

project
    Free Member

He could also have been a catholic, a mountain biker, or any other minority group, theyve just picked a label out and used it for him.

In time all will be reported hopefully correctly as to why he lost his rag at the offices.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He could also have been a catholic, a mountain biker, or any other minority group

Yes of course, but had he been a bearded muslim would the reaction have been so instantly dismissive as that ? Specially if it had caused chaos in Central London.

“In time all will be reported hopefully correctly……” is an excellent nonjudgmental attitude. Sadly it’s often in short supply when it comes to people with less than pink skin. That was the point which the article was attempting to make.

project
    Free Member

Specially if it had caused chaos in Central London

But surely thats down to congestion and over the top police and emergency services responces.All a good practice for the sports games in a few months time.

One person with chip on there shoulder and chaos will ensue.

Dobbo

For example, Gavin Medd-Hall, who’s doing time at HMP Coldingley for hate campaigns in connection with animal rights was formally very active in the Croydon NF/BNP.

Got any info on Gavin Medd-Hall being in BNP/NF?

For obvious reasons the Animal Liberation Front also attracts them, which incidentally often has a crossover of lone nutters with the BNP.

And this?

KonaTC

One person with chip on there shoulder and chaos will ensue.

Chaos after a few items chucked out of an office window with a few simple threats really glad I don’t live in London

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But surely thats down to congestion and over the top police and emergency services responces

So a nutter threatens to blow himself and other people up and the police over reacted by taking the threat seriously ? Perhaps the police should have considered more the fact that this guy is a white indigenous member of the community ?

Is this another example of how the police overreact ?

BNP mayor candidate arrested over suspect signatures

Surely refusing to cooperate with the police isn’t a crime ? Besides, if the BNP candidate had cooperated with the police it would have suggested that these allegations of fraud were serious, which would have put him at huge disadvantage for Thursday’s mayoral election – people can be ever so judgmental over things like that.

A BNP spokesman said Whitby denies the allegations and stands by the names on his nomination form.

He added: “Mike and his wife went to every single one of those people and explained who he was and what he stands for. What we have here is a newspaper trying to scupper an election campaign.”

Sounds like a few people were hoodwinked and misled into unwittingly nominating a racist neo-nazi, hardly crime of the century. Seems like everyone’s got in for the BNP. A muslim benefit scrounging asylum seeking terrorist wouldn’t have been treated like that.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Got any info on Gavin Medd-Hall being in BNP/NF?

Yep. Concrete evidence.

Dobbo

Yep. Concrete evidence.

That’s a no then.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No that’s a yes. What’s your point ?

Dobbo

You claim something categorically about someone that appears you can’t backup, you’re the first one to start shouting for links to claims by others.

For obvious reasons the Animal Liberation Front also attracts them, which incidentally often has a crossover of lone nutters with the BNP.

And this as well.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

you’re the first one to start shouting for links to claims by others.

Am I ? Are confusing me with someone else ? Show me evidence of where I’ve done that. Your claim sounds like complete bollox to me.

And this as well.

I have given you two examples just from Croydon, which for the obvious reason that I live in Croydon I know about.

What’s up Dobbo, you seem rattled – is it because I’ve had a pop at the BNP ?

Dobbo

I have given you two examples just from Croydon

That the point you haven’t given two examples, you’ve given a link to someone who seems to have no link to the BNP. So now you can just make claims with no basis now, fair enough.

hels
    Free Member

So it’s those patriotic racist animal lovers we have to watch for ? They must have to get some serious security at their meetings, when the cat-lover and dog-fanciers square off.

But seriously, it was a lone nutter who blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995. There is precedent.

Dobbo

Show me evidence of where I’ve done that. Your claim sounds like complete bollox to me.

ernie_lynch – Member

Have you got some evidence to back up this stunning claim

ernie_lynch – Member

So it was just a hunch then ? Not actually backed up with any creditable evidence.

binners

So what are you saying? That if you see someone with an England tattoo, and a dog – maybe a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, then they’re probably a violent nutter?

konabunny
    Free Member

it was a lone nutter who blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995. There is precedent.

Except he wasn’t, though – he had an accomplice at every stage (Nicholls) and he had spent plenty of time cycling through various extremist groups with fellow travellers (Elohim City etc).

The Unabomber – now he was a lone nutter.

hels
    Free Member

Well a group of lone nutters then !

jon1973
    Free Member

Well a group of lone nutters then !

What’s the collective noun for a group of lone nutters?

binners

😆 at Hels

What would be the collective noun for a group of lone nutters, I wonder?

An Isolation? an Anger? A Bigotry?

EDIT: Beat me to it! 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That the point you haven’t given two examples, you’ve given a link to someone who seems to have no link to the BNP. So now you can just make claims with no basis now, fair enough.

😀 Are you deliberately acting dumb ?

From one of the links I provided :

The BNP says revelations about its candidate’s criminal past as an animal rights activist will “increase its share of the vote”.

In the case of Gavin Medd-Hall…… now this might come as a stunning shock to you, but not all the information and knowledge I possess comes from newspapers or internet sites, some of it comes from this thing called “real life”.

In the 1980s the NF/BNP had thousands of members, and not all of them made the newspapers ! But they were unsurprisingly, often known to each other. In the course of living my life in “the real world” I’ve met a few, existing and former.

I know for a fact that Gavin Medd-Hall was in the NF/BNP because a close mate of mine who was very deeply involved in Croydon’s NF knew him extremely well. I’ve met Gavin Medd-Hall more than once btw, although after his NF/BNP days when he was involved in Animal Rights. I also know that he has football hooligan convictions from that period in the 1980s.

Now if you want to dismiss me as a liar (although quite why I would lie about Gavin Medd-Hall I don’t know) then that is your prerogative – everyone has the right to decide how trustworthy someone is, and I’m surprisingly unconcerned about what a complete stranger thinks – I’m not standing for office you know.

I’m having a discussion on a bike forum not presenting evidence to a court. If I was doing that I would instruct my lawyer to provide something more concrete.

But people who knew Gavin Medd-Hall in the 1980s, ie NF/BNP members, know of his membership to those organisations, despite there being no newspaper articles about him. A quick google search throws up this from northwestnationalists, a BNP website :

statewatch said…

What is it about Croydon? Gavin Medd-Hall, the anarchist-cum-animal rights activist who was recently convicted, was involved with the NF in the 1980s. And a friend of John Merritt/Adrian Woods. State or what?

Didn’t Griffin enter the BNP via Croydon. I think we should be told.
    19 December 2008 01:46

http://northwestnationalists.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/labour-stasi-donate-to-truth-truck.html

With reference to my comment : “Have you got some evidence to back up this stunning claim”. I don’t know why you think my claim that Gavin Medd-Hall had involvement with Croydon’s NF/BNP is a “stunning claim” on par with claiming that Mugabe has millions of supporters and is revered throughout Africa.

And it certainly doesn’t back up your absurd claim that I’m “the first one to start shouting for links to claims by others”. Sure, if someone makes a quite unbelievable then I might well ask for evidence. Like if they claimed that the moon was made of cheese.

But as a general rule I’m not bothered by stuff like that as I would rather challenge someone by giving an opposing point of view rather than ask for links. I feel negativeness shows a lack of confidence and inability to provide a coherent counterargument.

Was that the best example you could find ? Or just the only one you could find ? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hels – Member

So it’s those patriotic racist animal lovers we have to watch for ?

I wonder where they stand on gay muslamic swans ?

Dobbo

Are you deliberately acting dumb ?

It certainly seems like you are the one who is rattled and has to resort to insults.

You provided one link, the other case the best you can find is a couple of comments on some blog. You seemed to dismiss blog comments on the Mugabe thread as well from what I remember.

Was that the best example you could find ?

No just the quickest do you really think I can be arsed spending as much time as you seem to trawling through this site?

Here’s another quote to back it up and funnily enough it sums up my thoughts entirely! On this thread and your claims.

ernie_lynch – Member
    Forget it mate – you are obviously not going to back up your wild allegation. And instead attempt to squirm, backtrack, and play word games.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Here’s another quote to back it up and funnily enough it sums up my thoughts entirely! On this thread and your claims.

🙂 Jesus, you’re desperate ! I was asking someone to provide evidence that trade unions had some responsibility for Britain going back into recession.

That’s hardly proof to back up your absurd claim that I’m “the first one to start shouting for links to claims by others” Where was I asking for a link ? It was simply a request for some sort of proof that trade unions were in some way responsible for Britain going back into recession. Argument and facts was what was needed, not links.

If after dredging through my history that was all you could find then that’s pretty poor.

As for me “insulting” you, it was fairly straightforward question : Are you deliberately acting dumb ? Take it as an insult if you want, but you very clearly chose to ignore a link and then demanded that I provide you with one. Dumb or what ?

Dobbo

The thing is I was asking for info as I was genuinely interested in what you said, but you seem to get hot under the collar and rattled for no real reason, maybe we just clash. I do find a some things you say interesting and my questions were a follow up on this, I don’t think I’ll bother in the future though.

Anyway here’s some info that I found after a bit of digging about what we trying to discuss. (a few pages down in each PDF.)

Arkangel 3

Arkangle 4

I’m not sure why I followed this up and posted links to back up what you said, dumb or what ? Have fun.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

you seem to get hot under the collar and rattled for no real reason

If that’s how you see it then that’s just a case of how you perceive it. I actually don’t get rattled on here – I simply don’t care that much. Although I can see how there might be an assumption that because I often can’t be arsed to argue after making a particular point then that must mean that I’ve got “hot under the collar and rattled”. But I’m actually surprisingly relaxed if someone thinks I’m talking bollox – I really don’t mind 🙂

In fact given mainstream British politics and how my views have a tendency to challenge them, I generally expect people to disagree with me rather than agree. It would be very sad indeed if that bothered me !

The only thing which is ever likely to rattle me is a callous attitude to either children or animals – that can really piss me off. Callous attitudes to children is not something which I’ve encountered on here although occasionally, callous attitudes towards animals have been expressed, and yes, I’ve been rattled by that a few times on here……it’s not necessary, I just don’t get it, and it annoys me.

Which neatly brings me to the animal rights people. In my experience animal rights supporters are often the most unlikely people – they simply aren’t motivated by any real love of animals. Yeah sure, many are, but there are a significant number who imo aren’t. These people deride those who keep pets such as cats and dogs describing them as “slaves” to humans, for example.

Gavin Medd-Hall very much falls into that category. The reason I am aware of his racist neo-nazi past is because my mate who was also heavily involved, was so shocked to discover that Gavin Medd-Hall was now involved in animal rights (he was at a meeting in the same venue as us). As I said previously, my mate knew him extremely well and was at pains to emphasis to me that Gavin Medd-Hall has never given the slightest indication that he was interested in anything to do with animals. He’s now so committed that he’s serving time and is some sort of hero to the animal rights supporters.

But none of that comes as a particular surprise to me. It makes sense imo that a lone nutter/misfit who bears a grudge against society should channels their misanthropic feeling through a racist organisation which is based on hating other humans, or one which hates humans simply because of perceived ill-treatment of animals by human society.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Ex BNP candidate responsible for Tottenham Court Road bomb scare’ is closed to new replies.