Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • event recommendations (road, tri and mtb)
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Looking for some events to take part in this year otherwise I struggle to motivate myself to get fit. Aiming to do Ronde Lancashire and hopefully Rapha Hell but which other events are worth a look? Based in East Midlands and no car at the moment but hopefully get one in a few months.

Most of the big middle distance tris are sold out but happy to do olympic distance tris, maybe road sportive and mtb enduros? Looking for events that are ideally well run, not too expensive and have a good atmosphere-people are giving it their all but not being utter nobs in the process.

fontmoss
    Free Member

anyone?

loum
    Free Member

Can’t recomend one personally, but I picked up a great mag in WHSmiths a few days ago.
    “Outdoor Fitness” – 1st issue, and it had a supplement with loads of tris, runs, rides, duathlons, etc. as a yearly calendar, by uk region. The mag was pretty good too, nice article on riding Snowdon (I think by one of the STW writers).

oldgit
    Free Member

What’s East Midlands fontmoss?

kilo

Find a local cycling club and do some club 10’s, usually a very relaxed atmosphere, quite addictive and cheap to enter (ours are £3 and £2 is a levy to the governing body).
    For road riding you could also look for Audaxes in your area;

http://www.aukweb.net/

better value than a sportive

fontmoss
    Free Member

Derby, oldgit

cheers guys will have a look at the suggestions

richardk
    Free Member

Take your pick here Triathlons etc. fontmoss

paddy0091
    Free Member

Get a racing licence and do the Tues/Thurs races at Mallory Park.

you’ll find details nearer the time on both BC and the veloriders forum.

As Kilo has said as well, get some locals TT’s done as well. My home TT’s cost £1.50 each time. Will fit in with a 9-5 as they’re in the summer evenings.

Enjoy!

paddy0091
    Free Member

oh and Enduro 6 at Catton Hall, Derbyshire.

google > provelo support.

fontmoss
    Free Member

cheers richard but after personal recommendations, british tri site is better resource btw

enduro 6 is a good shout paddy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘event recommendations (road, tri and mtb)’ is closed to new replies.