Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Eurodisney Help – Eating Out – who's been?
  • Skyliner
    Free Member

Our 1st time next week with the kids at Disney. A few people have been giving us stories of 'A meal out for 2+2 is over 100euros'!! If it is that much are there any tips and advice of where to eat nearby? The trip was planned as a long weekend type of treat for our kids but it looks to be ending up as much as a Summer Holiday. We will have a car and will staying at the Sequoia. Many thanks in advance.

CHB

we ate at the blue lagoon (underneath pirates of the caribeen ride) its expensive but nice.

We stayed at the cheapest lodge, I think this is the best option and use the money saved on a nice meal.

The other option that I have heard of but not tried is to stay in central paris and catch the train to disney, apparently it can give you best of both worlds, though maybe not with young kids

terrahawk
    Free Member

ridiculous prices. financially, you're doomed.

we took a butty box to the buffet breakfast 😉

Skyliner
    Free Member

CHB, cheers for the recommendation. Looks like its gonna be an expensive treat!! The good thing is everybody says the kids have a great time. I think a trip into Paris one night might be on the cards.

Terrhawk, brill idea! Stock up on the breakie, by the way was it ok?

terrahawk
    Free Member

loads of bread rolls, jam, cooked meats, cheese, etc. sod them, make a load of sandwiches and take them with you. We made LOADS.

We were not the only ones behaving like pikeys, BTW. Paying 6 quid for a hot dog gets very old very quickly.

terrahawk
    Free Member

12.50 Euros for a maccy D's. 18 Euros for a pizza.
    15 months ago that was.

You'd be better off doing a week's shopping at the motorway services.

I'm ranting now.

Big-M
    Free Member

As already recommended, the buffet breakfast will easily provide you with a decent lunch! Don't be shy, no one else was when went last year.

McDonalds is about the cheapest place you'll find for the evening. Avoid eating in the hotels/lodges in the evenings very expensive!

Skyliner
    Free Member

WOW!! This is just the info I was after. Is there a fridge/minibar in the room?

terrahawk
    Free Member

our room at the Sequoia was very basic. I think it had a kettle but apart from that it was only a bit better than a bothy 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

For what we would have spent there in a long weekend, we went 70 miles up the road to a Eurocamp holiday for 10 nights!

Had a great holiday and a great day at EuroDisney.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Pot noodle it is then 😆

Big-M
    Free Member

No fridges in the rooms at Sequoia!

michaelbowden

Just came back last week. all of the above is correct. especially the brekkie tip!!!

terrahawk
    Free Member

yeh, don't let us put you off. Your kids will absolutely love it.

leffeboy

There's a restaurant guide on their site that lists the different eateries in each 'zone' and the price range. Just pick one of the cheaper ones for lunch in advance and it's fine. If you go to the 'themed' restos with on tap prince and princesses then you're doomed

Take your own bottles of water though – they are scary prices

Oh, and for the evening, just go into the shopping centre in the centre of town. There are plenty of very nice restaurants at very sensible prices.

Big-M
    Free Member

We found our 5 days pretty expensive. It was a brilliant time though our kids thought it was fantastic. The eldest was tall enough to go on some of the roller coasters and loved it. The youngest was still young enough to buy into the whole concept of Mickey being real.

We tried not to get too concerned about the whole expense of the thing and enjoy the experience, it was pretty special.

Skyliner
    Free Member

what is the nearest (easily driveable) town?

Skyliner
    Free Member

Yeah, kids are dead excited! (me too)!!

avdave2

Were going at Easter so I'll start force feeding the kids tomorrow. Might have to tell them that it's only snails and frogs legs once we're there that should help. All the exhibition stand builders I work with are experts at making a pack lunch at breakfast. I usually go with the eat enough to last all day method myself and then do the same at lunch if it's available and same again in the evening.

terrahawk
    Free Member

The Aerosmith roller coaster **** RULES.

leffeboy

what is the nearest (easily driveable) town?

Marne-la-Vallée. There are various cheapo places there (depending on what you call cheapo of course 🙂

midlifecrashes

There's a whole industry of unofficial guides to Disney stuff, mostly based around the US sites, but a good place to start would be mousesavers.com, and some good links on their Paris page. A good link for what you're after might be
    http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Eurodisney Help – Eating Out – who's been?’ is closed to new replies.