Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Euro Pallets – Getting hold of them cheap for me shed floor.
  • kayak23

I’m after building myself an awesome shed for the allotment I’ve just taken on.
    I’m basing my design around a base/floor of eight Euro pallets with ply on top.

Anyone know a good source of these cheap, or better still, free?

I rang a Birmingham company who seemed overly concerned that I wasn’t going to use them for transport and said they’d charge about £10 each (which isn’t too bad but hey, I’m a skinflint)

I know these are coveted as they are the good and sturdy type, plus I need the regular sizes to make things easy.

Some Euro pallets yesterday.

I’m in Warwickshire.

stanfree
    Free Member

Do you not mean ‘Widden Pallets’. ?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HK5c7VmBw[/video]

Jakester
    Free Member

£10 each! Blimey, we had a chap rock up and deliver a load of pallets for free (for us to use as kindling, but most were structurally sound and it was a bugger of a job breaking them down).

This is Bath way though.

binners

DrJ

Wasn’t there a scouse lass on here just now who had some to spare? (And some pallets … IGMC)

welshfarmer

If you specifically want the Euro ones then you will likely have to pay for them as most of them are actually rented out so there is a cost to anyone who has them (a bit like Calor Gas). I am not sure if that is only the blue ones though! There are plenty of similar ones about that you may be able to pick up for free though. Try your local agricultural feed merchant. Countrywide/Wynstay/Mole Valley/whoever you local ag merchants are.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I used to get them free from the local builders merchant (Jewsons I think) – they set aside the ones with slight damage and usually had to pay to dispose of them. After a couple of weeks of me collecting 3 or 4 at a time, they asked for my address and rocked up with hiab truck and dumped about 40 or 50 in the front garden. Kept us warm for months! Most were not badly damaged and you could combine two ropey ones into one good one with a bit of work.

footflaps

Lift them out of skips? I pass no end of skips with pallets in them on the way to work…

stevedoc
    Free Member

Where are you based , we get loads in at work but most of the drivers including me hock them in for £3 a pop ,cheeky side line I guess

trail_rat
    Free Member

can get them for a pound a pop up here

look on gumtree.

kayak23

stevedoc – Member
    Where are you based ,

Warwickshire but willing to travel a little.

I can get regular pallets out of skips and lying around, but Euro pallets are supposed to be of a certain quality and regular sizes 1200x800mm.
    Makes things a lot easier innit.

£3 a pallet would be bob on for me…

I may try the builders yards thanks.

My floorplan…

BillMC

Cover your pallets all round with polythene sheeting and then nail your treated boards on top.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Just a little to far from Manchester ,shame I could have sorted some out .. best of luck hunting

jolmes
    Free Member

Euro pallets come in a few different sizes depending on company requirements, I know the ones we use are 1000x800mm where as our standard pallets are 1200×1000. If you’re going to a big company, ask for White pallets. They are generally ones that have either taken a beating or slightly damaged but still usable but have been discarded etc. Builders yard is a good bet as are some “local” shops.

kayak23

In terms of building the floor,if I can’t get hold of the pallets. Has anyone a rough idea how much I’d pay to do it in treated softwood?
    10×8′ it has to be..

I also have a load of moisture resistant mdf that I could use? Likely to cause issues over ply?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Euro Pallets – Getting hold of them cheap for me shed floor.’ is closed to new replies.