Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Escapade is out of stock….
  • honourablegeorge

….or at least it’s out of stock in Yellow…. don’t really fancy the duck egg….what else could I commute on that’ll go singlespeed or geared, will take a geared setup at some point if needed, and will accommodate my 29er Crests? Must be disc only, and the Escapade was at the outer limit of pricing.

Stoner
    Free Member

pompetamine?

im selling my xl f&f soon if interested.

honourablegeorge

XL would be too big. Need 135mm spacing for the wheels too

nedrapier

Gryphon?

Edit: Possibly not. Thought the escapade was pricier than that. SS price is pretty good.

Stoner
    Free Member

pompetamine is 135mm

honourablegeorge

They don’t seem to sell the Pompetamine any more

Stoner
    Free Member

so it seems. that’s a pity. there’s a nice looking one on ebay at the moment though.

otsdr
    Free Member

I have the small yellow and it’s quite something to look at :D.
    I would have bought the duckegg if it wasn’t for the stealth downtube wrap, the 2014 black on white looked much better.

simon_g

All City Macho Man Disc looks nice. No slidey dropouts for singlespeed stuff though.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I was looking at the Escapade too but ended up going with a Pinnacle Arkose from Evans. F & F with headset now £300. http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/arkose-four-2015-adventure-road-frameset-ec116245

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Crests might not be ideal if you want to run high tyre pressures…..

nickwatson
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat. Looking for a lightweight, SS CX that takes discs. I’d love the Niner RLT, but expensive for frame and forks.

In terms of the Arkose, I thought that they had a BB30 bottom bracket, so that the singlespeed model could take an eccentric BB. Doesn’t look the case for the frame only model. Does anyone know if the SS version is a different frame?

Cheers

Nick

honourablegeorge

simon_g – Member
    All City Macho Man Disc looks nice. No slidey dropouts for singlespeed stuff though.

Yeah – Nature boy disc is SS, but it’s £599 vs £349 for an Escapade, and it’s got no option for gears

honourablegeorge

davidtaylforth – Member
    Crests might not be ideal if you want to run high tyre pressures..

Only an issue for tubeless. And they’re what’s in the shed, so that’s what would go on the frame

honourablegeorge

SS Arkrose here. Looks good, hate the colour though. Reckon I’d be sat on that wishing I had a yellow Escapade.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/arkose-ss-2015-adventure-road-frameset-ec116252

Andy

I have the SS Arkose. Great bike. threaded EBB. I like the colour myself but then don’t really notice it when riding.

Edit: and it comes with the frame fittings and hanger to go geared as well.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, it’s perfect, but the Escapade just looks so much better. Which shouldn’t matter, but…

bikeneil
    Free Member

My lbs has a medium yellow escapade in stock.

https://m.facebook.com/bachebrotherscycles

honourablegeorge

`Cheers… need Large, though

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Only an issue for tubeless. And they’re what’s in the shed, so that’s what would go on the frame

Nah man, don’t do yourself a mischief. Your tyre’ll probably blow off the rim, or you’ll end up with no tension in your spokes and a cracked rim or something. Get some wide tyres and run em at low pressure if you have to use those wheels.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’d second the Stans suggestion.

I’ve got old Flows with off road 35’s at low pressures for my >X< I use the original Alex’s for skinny 28’s at more Road like pressures.

Granted the pressure restriction wouldn’t be taking into account the reduced volume of a road tyre vs 29er but better safe than sorry on things like rim pressure limits in my view.

I like the 2014 style white letters on black wrap (have it on my Soul275) but the stealthy one is quite nice also…

inbred853

Ahem, got my April 15 small escapade for sale if anyone is interested in the classifieds.
    Link

honourablegeorge

inbred853 – Member
    Ahem, got my April 15 small escapade for sale if anyone is interested in the classifieds.
    Link

Would be very interested if it was only a couple of sizes bigger.

Anything else out there that’s similar? Thought Genesis might have had something, but no, not quite.

Andy

VAn Dessell WTF also worth a gander. I went with the Arkose because it just seemed a much lighter frame than the steel offerings, and have been very pleased with the ride. 😀

honourablegeorge

So I’ve been searching,. and so far, onyl found the All City Nature Boy (underwhelemed by it at twice the price) or the Shand Stoater Rohloff (stunning, but four and a half times the price)

Off to look at the Van Dessel now – the WTF is the weird one, right? I just want something clean looking, straight steel tubes.

honourablegeorge

Yeah…WTF is a bit marmite.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Escapade is out of stock….’ is closed to new replies.