Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • England WC squad – strikers
  • the-muffin-man

By taking Gerrard they have covered the 'Crying Player' position when we get knocked out in the first match after the group stages!

timc
    Free Member

think you will find John Terry does that the best

Talkemada
    Free Member

I'd do a good job actually. My natural speed and agility will take me past most defenders.

My inability to actually do anything useful beyond that might be an issue though.

Still, it'd be a better bet than Carlton Cole! 😀

"Gerrard 16"

Does sound a bit wrong, eh? 😯

Of course, it could all be scurrilous gossip with no foundation whatsover. Watch this space.

timc
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    So who would you play instead of him?

The Steven Gerrard that turns up for Liverpool.

I hear you, but he doesn't play on the left wing for Liverpool, I think if we played him off Rooney we would see the real benefits of his attacking & creative ability! In past years he had to sit in midfield while fat frank fluffed his lines…

Anyway, My ideal starting XI would be…

Goalkeepers: David James
    Defenders: Glen Johnson, John Terry Rio, Ferdinand, Ashley Cole,
    Midfielders: Aaron Lennon, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard (Off Rooney), Gareth Barry, Joe Cole
    Forwards: Wayne Rooney.

Await my fate haha

molgrips
    Free Member

I am a part time football fan. Can someone provide me with a video link of why Rooney's meant to be such a good player? Backed up with analysis?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I hear you, but he doesn't play on the left wing for Liverpool, I think if we played him off Rooney we would see the real benefits of his attacking & creative ability!

I sincerely hope so – I don't have any petty hates (I was being tongue in cheek earlier) for players of clubs, I just have never seen him perform for his country.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member
    Zoolander
    Free Member

Glad to see Baines going. Probably won't see much game time if cole stays fit but he could come in handy as he takes a mean penalty.

Still a bit unsure about James in goal though.

timc
    Free Member

I think as a collective, its something the whole squad are guilty of!

timc
    Free Member

Baines isnt a sure thing, squad will be cut from 30 to 23… i expect he will though!

allthepies
    Free Member

Bent to score the winner in the final – FACT!

😉

zaskar
    Free Member

They need their best diver-doomed without Ger…

I'm supised people are worrying now…its been obvious for ages we lack a good goal scorers (constant).

Good keep, defence, midfield needs setting up but some good midfielders but no star strikers (maybe Rooney on form) but still plenty to choose from but don't expect to brilliantly (Wish they go all the way).

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Crouch, Defoe please someone tell me what that is about and also what top International side crouch has scored against. He only usually scores in friendlies and against the crap teams.

Garry_Lager

There are some pyar shite selections here at the periphery of the squad, the more you look at it. Carragher is just plan 9 from outer space, feel for the lad if he ends up actually playing. That aside, Heskey, SWP and Upson are terrible picks. Villa have Young, Albonglahor and Downing playing week in week out in a competitive side, and they all get F-ked off in preference to Emile Heskey?! None of those three Villa players should be near the team, mind, but they're a hell of a lot closer than Big Emile.

I don't really get the pick 30 then whittle it down to 23 thing. Does Capello just have to pick an extra 7 so they've got something to put on their CVs, but it's ultimately meaningless? Maybe he couldn't be ersed thinking about it for longer than 5 mins, and just threw some names out there Mike Bassett style.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It won't be a lack of goals that'll be the problem but the lack of a decent keeper and defence that'll do it.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘England WC squad – strikers’ is closed to new replies.