Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • England wales game, anyone going over?
  • granny_ring

As above.
    Mate has ticket and I can grab a lift over and try to watch game somewhere. Did see on the news that no booze about tho.

Anyone going over?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Did see on the news that no booze about tho.

The game is in France not Saudi Arabia 🙂

I bet you can get a ticket, the French love a bit of touting. There will be 100’s if not 1000’s of locals who will have bought tickets and will be happy to make a turn.

granny_ring

Hopefully 😉 Mind you for a price I reckon.
    24hr ban on booze and bars shut…..

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP I ask the wife (French) about the ban, at the absolute worst you’ll have to buy in the supermarket and I cannot imagine restaurants will be dry. Yes I imagine they’ll look for a decent premium but there will be tickets – I am sure online now already.

Obvious statement but the riot police (CRS) are not known for their sense of humour and will be very jumpy about potential terrorist attacks especially as its England.

EDIT last two euros I went to where 96 and 2000 😳

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup booze cordon in force. I was at the England Wales qualifier back in 2004 at old Trafford. There was a booze ban that day also, I’ve never been to a match like it, it was a strange atmosphere.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yup, I guess asking anyone to watch England sober is asking a wee bit too much. 😆

granny_ring

Well I missed a cracking day……
    With all the shite going on over there last week and the thought of not being able to get a drink the whole day decided to stay put.

Txt my mate and he was able to get a drink and did in various bars before the game and after. No trouble over there and fans mingling and enjoying the day, how it should be…..

On the plus side I have a ticket next Saturdays game at Lens for the winners of group B, England hopefully 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘England wales game, anyone going over?’ is closed to new replies.