Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Enduro shorts please
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Tongue firmly in cheek but can anyone recommend some tough downhill focused shorts that are decent for pedaling in too? I’ve seen some Dakine descents here that look good . Would like to fit light crash shorts underneath and for them to work well with pads . No rough colours but leopard print would be a bonus 🙂

Northwind

Altura Attacks. No they don’t really meet your spec in most ways but they’re tough, they work fine with armoured shorts and pads, and they’re waterproof. The defining characteristic of UK enduro is that it happens in swamps, so, this > everything else.

honourablegeorge

Troy Lee Sprint. I have a pair that I bought three years ago that are still not-a-stitch-out-of-place perfect.

Well made, durable, big rubber logo on the outside that words as a crash pad, but I’ve done pedally days in them no bother also. No issues with pads.

If you’re flexible on colour (mine are all black) there are bargains to be had

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/troy-lee-designs-sprint-shorts/rp-prod109975

Edit – looks like they ditched the rubber logo on the newer ones

rocketman
    Free Member

+1 TLD Sprints

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got the Sprints but I’m not mad on them for enduroing, due to the severe lack of pocket space for gels and stuff.

The Attacks are alright for wet riding but then you may as well get ex-military GoreTex for 1/3 the price.

I’d look for a baggy short in a tough-ish material with big pockets and a waterproof bum panel. My old Royal Turbulence are perfect but the design is now changed.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thanks so far . Not mad on 3/4 shorts TBH , always end up rolling them up. Sprints are Troy Lee’s AM / trail line no? So So they are perhaps a bit thinner/ lighter? I will also be using them for uplift days .

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Intrepid?

chakaping
    Free Member

Sprints are tough material. Think they’re a race DH design.

Good choice if you don’t need pockets and don’t like 3/4s.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Endura zyme. Well priced, tough material which I’ve survived many crashes without a scratch on them and plenty of pockets (couple of zipped ones) without the slightly over the top look of the humvees and baggy enough that they work with knee pads but not so much that they flap around. I also like that they have a proper button fasterner, decent zip and belt loops where many shorts have fancy securing systems that don’t work very well. They only do them in a couple of neutral colours so that may fail the enduro test

honourablegeorge

Ruckus would be Troy Lee’s AM stuff, Sprints sit between those and Moto.

Intrepid stuff is good too, although their shorts size up weird for me, while Troy Lees are invariably spot on.

mattbee

Got some Endura ones that are pretty good, tough corduroy with stretchy panels plus the clicks thing for a liner.
    No idea on model but they are black with green ‘slashes’ so only semi Enduro.

DezB
    Free Member

Not got any myself, but Spesh Enduros are on sale here, pretty cheap – https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productSearch.asp?freetext=enduro&x=0&y=0

Ones I have got that would definitely fit your bill are from SportPursuit, so pretty hard to find – made by Zimtstern. I think they are the Targa model. Fantastic shorts.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

tough corduroy

Are you sure?

sprocker
    Free Member

I have Troy Lee Moto s pretty heavy duty but I find them comfy enough, vey tough and only 37 on CRC at the minute

themightymowgli
    Free Member

+1 for the Zymes. I’ve had a pair for years, 4-5 maybe and they’re still solid.
    I’ve also recently picked up a pair of Intrepid Apparel’s shorts and the build quality and comfort seem very good. I’ve done uplift days and a 52 mile drove road slog with no ill effects.

mattbee

Lol at autocorrect of cordura to corderoy. Mind you, a chunky cord might be a strong look in Enduro ’17…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cheers all !

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Enduro shorts please’ is closed to new replies.