Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Electricalists – can I fix our office toaster?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

It’s a 4 slice toaster but at the moment, two slots are not working.

When I draw down the left-hand slide switch, the elements glow extremely brightly and the switch will not engage in the down position.

Any ideas what causes this and if it can be fixed?

Ta.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The power for the 4 slots is going to just 2 slots making them very excited.
    Unless its a Dualit (or something else that is built to be user serviceable) file it in the bin and buy a new one.

molgrips
    Free Member

I fixed a cheapo toaster once. A bit of crumpet had got stuck on the guide wires, caught fire and melted the element wire. Opened up, new bit of wire, job done.

It could be a short in one side, as sharkbait says. It’s ALWAYS worth opening it up to look – worst case scenario you chuck it in the bin anyway, you’ve lost nothing. Best case, you fix it and save some landfil space and natural resources.

BigJohn

worst case scenario you chuck it in the bin anyway

I can think of a worse scenario.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

http://direct.asda.com/ASDA-KS-2418W—toaster—white/001570791,default,pd.html

I was going to recommend a cheapo from ASDA, however, it’s got an anti-jam device, why on earth would you not want jam on your toast?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Electricalists – can I fix our office toaster?’ is closed to new replies.