Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Egg Beaters feel really loose
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I have been using the road bike a lot recently which has look keos. You get a really nice solid locked in feel with them and it was a shock when I went out on the mtb today as the feet just felt like they were on an ice cube. Clipped in yes, but the foot just moved around too easily. I have used egg beaters for years, but maybe now I fancy a pedal that does have a nice positive locked in feel.

Options?

ben98
    Free Member

Shimano and tighten the retention spring up tight?

mtbfix

CB cleats are pretty soft too and wear quite quickly. New cleats might improve matters if you’re sold on CB pedals. That said, after years on CB Candies I switched to Shimano last year and they are more positive in feel. Cleat setup was a faff though.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I think the CB cleats are pretty old now. I might try replacing them first to see whether that sorts things out. Failing that I’ll take a look at the shimano spd offering

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Crank Brothers also do a ‘fixed’ cleat now that doesn’t have the float.
    Thanks,
    Max

Russell96

New pair of cleats along with the Crank Bros metal shoe shields and you’ll have plenty of scary moments trying to unclip until the cleats start to wear a bit after a few rides.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Egg Beaters feel really loose’ is closed to new replies.