Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Edinburgh cycling fun fundraiser event – Friday 8th June.
  • stooo
    Free Member

Hi all,

This Friday, 8th June, I’m holding a wee fundraiser event at the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena to help promote my epic challenge starting 19th June – my Biggest Journey.

My Biggest Journey sees me cycling the 400 miles from Edinburgh to London, in 3 days, in aid of the UK mental health charity: Mind.

I’ll be starting each day as key speaker at a business breakfast event, sharing my story about my journey through depression, before riding for around 10 hours to the next stop. I leave Edinburgh on 19th June and arrive at London Bridge on Thursday 21st.

To help promote the ride, I’m holding a fundraiser event at the EICA in Ratho on Friday and will have guests and exhibitors including: Shand Cycles, Paper Bicycle, Rider Down Trust, Unchained Magazine, Katy WInton, James McCallum, Quest88 All Ability Cycling.

Find more info on my website biggestjourney.com/launch

I’d love to see some of you there!

stooo
    Free Member

Hope everyone had a great Jubilee weekend – anyone fancy coming to this ?

stooo
    Free Member

You can still book to come to this – it really helps with knowing numbers…. or if you find you’re free, just turn up on the day.

If you’d like to know more about what I’m doing and why, feel free to ask… I’m very happy to talk openly about this.

Cheers for listening folks 🙂

Kunstler

Good luck with it all stooo. There’s been more than a few candid posts on stw about coping with the black dog and in particular how cycling plays a positive part in dealing with it.

I might be around to wave you off from Leith that morning.

stooo
    Free Member

Thanks Kunstler!

Was interesting to see the announcement today that National Health suggest no link between exercise easing symptoms of depression… which is in contradiction to a lot of people I’ve been talking to of late.

Would love to see you on the 19th!

stooo
    Free Member

Launch event went really well yesterday. Big thanks to all who came along. Pics and write up on the website soon.

Last couple days of proper training this weekend, before nice taper off this week – the Biggest Journey starts a week on Tuesday, 19th June. You’ll be able to track my progress on the website and twitter, live.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

All the best 🙂

Alan.

stooo
    Free Member

Thanks Alan.

fasthaggis

Good luck Mr
    Hope you have a nice route planned 🙂

stooo
    Free Member

Thanks Haggis – You can see my route here … not overly lovely, but it’s direct.

stooo
    Free Member

Not long to go now! You’ll be able to track my journey live on the homepage of the website next week. Would appreciate some support folks!

And, incase you didn’t catch in the other week in midweek mini movies – here’s a more mountain bike themed video diary from my training.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9UbWgzdf6w&feature=plcp[/video]

Kunstler

I had the pleasure of chatting to and riding the first few miles with Stooo this morning.

It was good to meet you Stuart – looks like you had a cracking first day. No doubt you’ve had your feet up this evening and you’ll be ready for the road again in the morning. I hope the good weather continues tomorrow. Good luck mate.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh cycling fun fundraiser event – Friday 8th June.’ is closed to new replies.