Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • EDF have changed my monthly electricity DD payment!
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I work from home (in a separate office from the house) and have a variety of servers/network hardware/NAS running 24×7 plus my wife loves the tumble drier 🙁
    I’ve just supplied a new reading and EDF have looked at out usage and revised our monthly DD payment from the existing £80 to £37 😀
    So what’s changed?
    – 4KW PV system installed late November
    – Changed one of the servers from a big rack mount Dell to a Mac Mini that sleeps every night to save power
    – Been pretty strict about heating the office (oil filled rad) and hoping to install a stove at some point
    – Put a load of network gear on a timer so that it goes off at midnight and comes back on at 6:00am

This is how our power consumption has changed over the last year:

and if you click HERE you can see what our solar has been producing (not a massive amount but it all helps)
    I’m a happy puppy

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

We’ve just had £120 back from water company, £140 from the electriciy company and a massive £240 from the gas people, they’ve adjusted our gas direct debit down from £31/month to £9.40, waiting to hear about the others. You aren’t even trying to save energy.

Matt

P.S. all those amounts have only accumulated since January of last year when we moved in and were told by the various companies how much we would probably use and thus how much to pay per month, I don’t think they could have been much further from the truth

donsimon
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be great if they paid you every month though?

binners

You have graphs of your electricity usage? Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans

Rubber_Buccaneer

Mine was revised to £3 per month. My usage has not dropped, EDF have been charging me too much for a couple of years and dropped the monthly DD rather than refund. Common practice I believe, as soon as I can be bothered I will look at switching.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You have graphs of your electricity usage?

Yep! An iPhone app that I use to track electricity and water in two houses…. takes seconds.

binners

You were aware of the existence of an iPhone app to make graphs of electricity use? Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans

headfirst
    Free Member

Put a load of network gear on a timer so that it goes off at midnight and comes back on at 6:00am

That’s genius, why hadn’t I thought of that?! Will be digging out a timer switch when I get home tonight!

donsimon
    Free Member

You were aware of the existence of an iPhone app to make graphs of electricity use? Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans

I do believe there is an iPhone app that will help you find all the iPhone apps that you need and a few that you never knew you needed.

midlifecrashes

How much did the PV cost?

Stoner
    Free Member

Just for binners’ orphans, a graph of my wood and pellet consumption:

I dont even have an app, I have to write it down in the calendar 🙂

Nice work sharkbait.

binners

You write it down on a calender. What is this? The twentieth century?

*runs off to find an App that calculates your wood and pellet consumption, then writes it on your calender for you*

😀

Cougar

I do believe there is an iPhone app that will help you find all the iPhone apps that you need and a few that you never knew you needed.

Sweet baby Jesus and the iPhones.

sharkbait
    Free Member

How much did the PV cost?

£10.5k but will return approx £25k over 25 years plus the money saved from using my home grown energy.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘EDF have changed my monthly electricity DD payment!’ is closed to new replies.