Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • eBay purchase recommendations
  • molgrips
    Free Member

They are crap, aren’t they?

I just bought some Patriot pivot bearings. So it thinks I should also be interested in Lapierre Zesty bearings, Giant Trance bearings and just about every FS bike on the market.

How many bikes do you think I own ebay?

Cougar

Judging by some posters’ classified ads I’d suggest that it’s not too outlandish an assumption.

Bez

Amazon’s are great, too. “People who bought this washing machine also bought: this washing machine, that washing machine, another washing machine…” Yeah, right.

I’m also baffled by their strategy of making the most prominent thing on my suggestions page a list of stuff I’ve already bought. Which genius thought the best way to get more money out of me was to spend the entire year responding to my “what do you want to sell me?” request with loads of mechanical pencil leads and a pop-up frog toy I bought as a Christmas present? I mean, that’s the sort of stuff I buy at least three of every week, isn’t it? I dunno, maybe you could figure out that I buy piles of CDs on a whim, and start showing me more than just a few dozen music suggestions instead?

wwaswas

espares are best for recommending random parts for white goods that you don’t own.

Buy a new pump for a Zanussi XYZ – TODAY!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Amazon are a bit ridiculous for camera stuff. I search for 50mm Olympus fit stuff and I get recommendations for 50mm Canon lenses.. er ok.. You’d think photography was common and high value enough for them to warrant coding some special rules.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘eBay purchase recommendations’ is closed to new replies.