Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • EBay message
  • Merak

Message received;

‘I’m sorry my son his bid on your item but I cannot cancel it. Could you cancel it for me?’

Thing is, I believe that he’s changed his mind as hes bid on other item’s similar to mine but its too late to cancel.

What to do?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Cancel it and get on with your life. eBay is full of time waster.

iolo
    Free Member

Cancel it, move on. Bay is full of tossers like this. Don’t let it worry you.
    Other potential bidders could lose out on your item if you don’t remove the bid.
    EDIT: I type too slow .as above

Merak

1st world problem I know but boils my piss.

iolo
    Free Member

At least he/she had the decency to tell you before the auction was finished. You need to learn to relax a bit if that makes you angry.

Merak

What’s the deal with this kind of thing? Someone ‘mistakenly’ bids several times on your item then asks you to cancel.

Can you make them pay? I thought it was a contract?

risky
    Free Member

You can’t ‘make them pay’. Worst case scenario the auction ends, the guy doesn’t pay up and he gets an unpaid item strike against him.

iolo
    Free Member

If you have enough time to waste knowing the auction will be won by a bidder who has no intention of paying you, attempting to receive payment from them, reporting them to eBay, having to pay the auction fee as it finished with a won item and relisting the item in another auction, carry on.

Merak

He tells me with 4 minutes left. 🙂

hexhamstu
    Free Member

One of you idiots (probably) recently got me to add a buy it now price to a mech I’m selling. Bought it and then made out as if I’d tricked him into thinking it was type 2 even though no where on the add does it mention anything about type 2 or a clutch. Annoying as F

Merak

Ah, such is life. Rough with the smooth etc.

unovolo
    Free Member

It can happen as I will testify, was looking at some replacement wheels when I had my Kangoo van, left my tablet on the side whilst going to the loo, comeback 5mins later to find my 3yr old sat with the tablet and was now the proud owner of a 2nd hand set of steelies via a Buy it now.

Had to email them and let them know what had happened, and yes he does know how to operate a tablet as he plays Minion rush and Doodle jump on that and my phone so is used to tapping the on screen buttons.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thing is, I believe that he’s changed his mind as hes bid on other item’s similar to mine but its too late to cancel.

Bid the other item up to about the same price as yours 😀

Northwind

It’s one of those things, whether it’s true or not you’ve really got to act as if it is. So there’s nothing to be gained by doubting it except getting pissed off.

If it’s close to the end of the auction it can be better to just close it entirely and rerun next week as losing a bidder can really affect the end price.

devash
    Free Member

Worst case scenario the auction ends, the guy doesn’t pay up and he gets an unpaid item strike against him.

Basically this. An unpaid item strike means practically nothing as well. You can receive several a month and still be an active member.

Northwind

UPI strikes mostly impact you on buying- sellers can set (and should set) restrictions on bidders, you can’t bid on any of mine if you’ve had 2 UPIs in the last… uh, year or something.

globalti
    Free Member

Some idiot did this to me – won an item then didn’t pay and when I emailed him he left feedback: “Hi really sorry but did not bid on ur item but for some resson it say I have one”.

****t.

amedias
    Free Member

cancel it and move on

I’ve just ‘sold’ a frame with best offer, but have a feeling due to the sudden radio silence I’m not going to get paid, so just waiting for a reasonable time before re-listing.

It’s annoying but it’s part of eBay, still less time-wasters than you’d get trying gumtree or FB!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘EBay message’ is closed to new replies.