Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ebay – Bike parts sellers to avoid ?
  • tragically1969
    Free Member

Arrrghhh, guffing ebay, i ordered a bottom bracket over 2 weeks ago, still got nothing, the seller is blaming the weather, unlikely as we have had deliveries here all week and he posted it before the bad weather.

Just looked on ebay and found the seller is actually mark anthony bikes, do i recall that this is bad ?

geoffj

the seller is actually mark anthony bikes

I think it would be fair to say that they don’t have the best reputation.

But also, to be fair, you don’t know what the local and intermediate post situation is likely to be, so I’d be tempted to cut them some slack.

transporter13
    Free Member

they are bloody useless im afraid..there are threads about them all over the web…..they have started using different names as well, so check before you buy.

si-wilson
    Free Member

What BB did you order?

Rickos
    Free Member

I bought an N-Gear jump stop from them recently and it arrived in about 4 days. They say delivery in 2 to 5 days, so as far as I was concerned they were fine. If they say they’ve posted it then I’m sure they have.

tragically1969
    Free Member

What BB did you order?

Just a cheapo shimano square taper for my work bike.

neninja
    Free Member

Post has been disrupted a fair bit – my folks haven’t received any post for a week so I’d give them a few more days.

granny_ring

I’m still waiting for a PF delivery that should have been here last Monday, so hopefully it’ll be today or tomorrow allowing for the weather.

hora
    Free Member

Thats nowt. I ‘won’ and promptly paid for a bike frame on ebay last Thursday. He still hasn’t posted it saying ‘the bubble wrap hasn’t arrived yet/held up due to the snow’ (he lives in a snowy remoted village called Watford).

Guess who is going to get a big fat neg when it does finally show up? 😆

Andy

What does his listing say about despatch times Hora? Did you read it before you bid? I always say despatch in 5 working days on my listings in case something prevents me getting to the post office.

Coyote
    Free Member

Whay you bought this time Hora?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Yeah my beef in this is that he posted on the 22nd, it was due at the longest on the 1st, this was before all the weather, he then claims it hasn’t turned up\been sent because of the weather.

hora
    Free Member

Delivery:
    Estimated within 4-5 working days

Its day 5 today and he hasnt posted it due to bubble-wrap issues. I’m having to resend emails as well before a reply is sent back. Not a good sign is it?

Whay you bought this time Hora?

Just an age-old favourite of mine 8)

Andy

hora – Member

Delivery:
    Estimated within 4-5 working days

Its day 5 today

Actually its half way through the second working day if you won it on Thursday night, so the seller has until between Weds & Thurs to post it. Anyway fingers crossed you are being premature, and it does end up arriving ok, if a bit late.

hora
    Free Member

Agree. I think a negs too harsh. Its that itchy ‘gimme my new toy asap’-thing isn’t it?

Andy

Indeed. Similar feeling with a Royce bb last week 😆

iain1775
    Free Member

to be fair Mark Antony are based in Buxton, which being in the Peak District (yeah, yeah before you start I know its technically outside the National Park) has had a fair amount of snow

Ive never had problems with their delivery times the few times I used them for stuff I couldnt get elsewhere (TravelAgents for example) but I generally won’t use them on ebay or the web as I find they have totally unreasonable p&p charges

I also found their attitude to questions on ebay was a bit off refering me to a Q&A section that was not relevant to my perfectly reasonable query

hora
    Free Member

When I was younger I went through a phase of only wearing coats by ‘Mark Anthony’. This also being my first and middle name I thought their coats were ‘de rigure of cutting edge fashion’ :mrgreen:

chakaping
    Free Member

Is he using a new pseudonym, if so please share as I’m anxious to avoid ever doing “business” with him again.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Is he using a new pseudonym, if so please share as I’m anxious to avoid ever doing “business” with him again

He is using outdoortoy1234, makes you wonder why he changed it to something totally unconnected with bikes ?

Still no BB !! Now he is ignoring my questionss\emails, brilliant….

uplink
    Free Member

Still no BB !! Now he is ignoring my questionss\emails, brilliant….

Just raise a Paypal dispute against them

clubber
    Free Member

Mark Anthony are ok sometimes (as some of the posts above confirm) but when they’re not they’re awful – pretending they have stock when they don’t and all sorts of lies – reason enough for me never to use them.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Well, just as a follow up to my original post, i won’t go into the details but just to reiterate this guy is to be avoided at all costs, he is in short, a liar.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – Bike parts sellers to avoid ?’ is closed to new replies.