Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Eau de Toilette
  • Pieface

Whats the done thing with regards to Anti-perspirant?

I use anti-perspirant as weel, but thought it may be a bit of a faux pas. Is EDT posh deodorant therefore negating Anti-perspirant?

IME the EDT has a stronger smell so I guess I'm going about it the right way.

bassspine
    Free Member

I was born to sweat. I use deodorant, but I hate the thought of bunging up my sweat glands with sticky anti-perspirant aluminium and industrial chemicals.

tomzo
    Free Member

no pie face, then you'd smell of BO and the fragrance. Anti-perspirant, like name suggests, stop you smelling by blcoking up pores and stopping the sweat. Deodrant just smells. so use an anti perspirant, a roll on perhaps, and your wonderful edt.

Pieface

So if I banish the Anti-perspirant, will just EDT suffice?

I feel an experiment coming on

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Deodorant does not 'just smell' you are thinking of perfumes and suchlike. Deodorant inhibits the growth of the bacteria that cause smell, so you continue to sweat naturally but there is a reduction or more often total absence of any bad smell.

bassspine
    Free Member

pitrock works to hold down the niff, and it doesn't smell of anything

wrightyson
    Free Member

No! Anti perspirant stops or inhibits sweating, deoderant makes the sweat smell nicer If it arrives, but edt isn't designed to mask any of the sweat, just make you smell nice for the ladies. ( or men). Oh and I wouldn't go lashing edt under my pits either, the skin there can be a bit sensitive, add that to the alcohol content of the edt and I'm thinking rash!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I prefer anti-perspirant because I don't like sweaty pits. But BO's just down to not washing them regularly.

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Roll on Ball or Aerosol?

Yes, and for under my arms!

Pieface

I wasn't going to spray the EDT in my pits!

I was thinking that if you keep on top of your hygiene, a dash of the EDT should suffice. However, I do tend to get sweaty pits and detest the site of sweat patches under my arms.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Eau de Toilette’ is closed to new replies.