Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Easton EA70 wheels?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of the above? Need some wheels asap and these are 50% off atm.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Not sure if things have improved but mate of mine had to get spokes from the USA for these.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get some Superstars. At least when all the spokes break you’ll be able to get replacements easily.

butterbean
    Free Member

Same problematic hubs as the Havens. Avoid, unless you want to get intimate with CRC when you are forever sending them back under warranty.

somafunk

We’ve had a few Easton wheels in the shop recently (thanks to CRC cheap deals i guess?), all for the same problem related to the rear freewheels not engaging which i put down to poor freewheel seals letting in gunk n’ crud, if your willing to strip them down every few weeks and clean then go ahead and buy them but if you ride in british weather conditions then buy wheels built with hope hubs.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Had a pair on my Zesty. Freehub issues from the beginning. Had two new freehubs under warranty. The second one seems to be of a much higher quality. Despite the fix, I don’t have much confidence in the build quality. Mavic Crossmax STs from now on.

alexpalacefan

I had the same problem with my freehub. Yep, poor sealing led to corrosion of the pawls and springs.

They are light though 🙂

APF

loddrik
    Free Member

I now consider myself well and truly warned off. Thanks chaps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Easton EA70 wheels?’ is closed to new replies.