Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • East Lothian Nightrides
  • pugson
    Free Member

Got back into biking over last few months … even bought a new bike as getting hooked on it again.
    Noticed on this forum that a few guys meet up for some night riding, mainly starting out from Pencaitland.
    Is this a regular meet up? If so I’d like to tag along, so is there an outing next week?
    Coastkid, your blogspot site is great …. inspiring me to want to get out and explore parts of East Lothian I’ve never got round to visiting despite living here!! 🙂

coastkid
    Free Member

hello and Hi 😮
    were posting rideouts on MTBscotland site due to the speed that threads move down on here cause LOADS OF FOLK dont do forum searches and start the same thread questions over & over… 🙄
    all welcome on our rideouts…next thursday at Pencaitland is the next nightride again…see you if you can make it, its a good laugh 😮

yodagoat
    Free Member

I live in Pencaitland and head out all the time. I can’t always make the organised rides due to my shifts, but the ones I’ve been on are good fun. I’ll start posting before I head out, the only thing being it might be a wee bit short notice for some folk. My pace isn’t as fast as some as my skill/fitness levels are still being worked on, but its always a laugh. right now I might be heading out on Monday or Tuesday night, dunno where yet though. But I’ll have to wait and see about herselfs plans and the weather.
    where are you based pugson?

pugson
    Free Member

Coastkid, cheers for the pointer to MTBScotland, i’ll keep an eye on it
    and will hopefully make it to a Thurs ride.
    Yodagoat, I’m in Pencaitland too! Tuesday evening I could do if your out then and if my fitness (and Missus & kids) allows I’ll try to make Coastkids outing on Thursday too!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I have a pass for this Thursday.

coastkid
    Free Member

welcome to the free world steven 😉 :mrgreen:

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Wouldn’t go that far. Getting away at the weekend to though 😀

yodagoat
    Free Member

I’d be up for a wee pedal about.
    http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/Scotland/Pencaitland/detailed_long.html
    the forecast looks better for Tuesday than monday.
    Coastkid, you up for it? A similar route to the one we did the last time?
    Pugson, what times suit you best?
    Anyone else?

pugson
    Free Member

Anytime after 18:00 on Tues suits me…..

petrieboy

Has anyone got a GPS route for any of these loops? I’m up later in the month (parents are in ballencrieff) and would be good to get out for a couple of hours.

yodagoat
    Free Member

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/yodagoat/85cj4dusdedosrgl

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/yodagoat/c3opuh4lqesn49iu

here’s a couple, my wee program on my phone crashed last time I was out so I don’t have my full loop yet.

stanfree
    Free Member

Im up for a night ride this week unfortunately not Tuesday though (Photoshop course) , Also If any of you East Lothian types are off during the day I can meet up for a wee blast. Coast Kid might venture down your way to trade some cider for that tyre if you still have It.

yodagoat
    Free Member

I often have time off on weekdays due to my shifts. They change from week to week though. When were you thinking?

yodagoat
    Free Member

Also I fancy doing a nightrun over the ridgeroad of the garletons, but it would have to be on a clear night, i don’t mind the cold too much but i recon it would be a **** nightmare in the rain and wind.
    I know, I know… MTFU.

stanfree
    Free Member

Yoda Im off most of the week or at least till wednesday , can pretty much go between 9 and 3 when the kids are school.

coastkid
    Free Member

im Nightriding most Tuesdays and Thursdays now so im in…
    YG can take you up over the ridgeroad from here and along tyne trail
    Paul…tyre? Aye…..Cider? Aye!!!

pugson
    Free Member

Still planning to head out tonight Yodagoat / Coastkid? If so what time / meet at Winton?

coastkid
    Free Member

Ive got a bike to fix for Yodagoat`s friend tonight pugson,
    dont know if theres a ride planned for thursday evening yet,
    it should be better conditions by Thursday too if we get the forcasted hard frost which should dry the ground up a bit,been some rain!
    keep an aye on MTBscotland for Thursday if you can make it 😮

stanfree
    Free Member

Not going to make a night ride this week but will be having a wee tour through East Lothians woods tomorrow If anyone Is about . Going to try and finds GW’s secret trail . 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘East Lothian Nightrides’ is closed to new replies.