Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • East Coast America/Canada – Where to buy SH?
  • flamejob
    Free Member

So, now I live in Montreal and need to buy my SO a bike. She has a DH bike, because we ride Bromont, Mt St Anne and Highland (wow, much rad, many gnar), but we want to explore the trails.

I’d normally ebay or STW, but the ebay market here doesnt seem as boyant as in Europe and Pinkbike isnt that great for Enduro/Freeride lite/Gnar XC or whatever it is called these days.

Any suggestions as to where to look?

She’s 5’2″ and I’m thinking 130-150mm travel 26″ – probably in the price range of $1000

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So, now I live in Montreal and need to buy my SO a bike. She has a DH bike, because we ride Bromont, Mt St Anne and Highland (wow, much rad, many gnar),

I stoped reading at that point, there’s only so much envy I can take.

flamejob
    Free Member

I envy your being able to see grass and mud. Also, leaves, what are they?

granny_ring

Don’t worry it’ll have melted by the morning. 🙂

TrekEX8
    Free Member

How’s the weather? I’m popping over tomorrow, don’t tell me the Grand Prix circuit isn’t rideable?

MussEd
    Free Member

Try MTBR forum classifieds?

dantsw13

I bought my Heckler frame from Pinkbike USA a couple of years ago. Santa Cruz prices in the states are much cheaper than over here. Canada is v expensive these days, the Canadian dollar has gone from 2.5 to 1.5 against the £.

ThePinkster

Canada is v expensive these days, the Canadian dollar has gone from 2.5 to 1.5 against the £.

Is that because we stole their bank manager in chief? 😉

dantsw13
    JoeG
    Free Member

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/search/bia

Edit – it seems that some of the ads are written in Foreign … 😉

flamejob
    Free Member

@trekEX8 come over for a cup of tea. Weirdly I can actually see the pavement as of today; first time we have been above zero this year.

The Enduro is a bit too close to a DH bike I reckon. If only I could get a Five or something.

Craigslist is a cesspit of hell, most of the time… there is also kijiji

TooTall
    Free Member

29ers have been bigger in the US for longer, so you’ll have more trouble tracking 26″ down now. I’ve seen more buying and selling action in our local community Facebook bike sales page than I have on Craigslist and eBay is just a waiting game for what you want to surface.

dantsw13

2011 Heckler

This is a seriously good price. Heckler is similar style to a 5.

Sundayjumper

Really ? I was in Canada last Sept and I’m sure it wasn’t as bad as 1.5.

Edit: I checked, I got 1.69 taking cash from an ATM, and market rate on xe.com right now 1.91.

flamejob
    Free Member

That Heckler is _awesome_; its a perfect SH buy. I’m worried its a bit big though

dantsw13

Hecklers are quite a short frame. I have a large, whereas I’m normally M in most bikes.

Re exchange rates, maybe it’s bounced back up, but for the last few years it’s been WAY down on what it used to be.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘East Coast America/Canada – Where to buy SH?’ is closed to new replies.