Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • E13 XCX Frame Mounted Chain Device
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Got one mounted on my Spectral. Ive fitted an Absolute Black chainring, and need to adjust it to site centrally over the ring – No obvious way to do it? anyone help?

jam-bo

take it off? i’ve got two XCX’s that have languished in my parts bin since NW chainrings and clutch mechs came along.

M6TTF
    Free Member

That’s the other option – I was more curious how you do it then anything else!

honourablegeorge

I think they ship with little shims, presumably you didnt get them with your bike.

As above, I’d ditch it and worry about it if your chain comes off.

daver27
    Free Member

Shims sit behind the mounting bolts, you can use individual washers, but its a PITA.

ditch it, utterly pointless nowadays

M6TTF
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, will do

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Don’t take the chain device off. Bad decision IMO. Like has been mentioned, you need some shims behind the chain device.

munrobiker
    Free Member

jambo- would you sell one?

OP- you need washers behind it.

M6TTF
    Free Member

its off. i needed it to go closer to the frame, not further out, so shimming wouldn’t have worked anyway

M6TTF
    Free Member

suppose i could always grind a little off the backing plate mounts if I find I’m dropping the chain without…

M6TTF
    Free Member

First ride without, and dropped chain on a rough descent. Will see if it happens again. Guess I could grind down the backing plate of the guide to move it inward.

nickdavies

What size/type of chainring and which cranks?

Don’t absolute black space their 32 and 30t rings a bit to avoid clearance issues? Fwiw I wouldn’t run a bike with that much travel without a top guide personally, n/w or not.

M6TTF
    Free Member

X1 chainset. 32T absolute black ring. They say it improves the chain line by 1mm over the sram ring. But it’s rubbing the inner face when the chains on the top of the cassette

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘E13 XCX Frame Mounted Chain Device’ is closed to new replies.