Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • E13 bottom bracket…which bloody one?!
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

So I need to change the BB on my E13 TRS cranks. The BB shell is a 73mm threaded shell, but I have no idea what BB I need…help please?!

Ta

edward2000
    Free Member

What is the diameter of the spindle? I think it’s 30mm?

edward2000
    Free Member

If it is a 30mm spindle then google 30mm BSA bottom bracket. The bb I use for my e thirtneen cranks is from this link http://bor-germany.de/en/product/45-mtb-bearing-kit-bsa

The sealing is excellent so it should last a while. Hope also do one.

If it isn’t 30mm then I’m not sure.

Hope this helps

andypandy85
    Free Member

Many thanks Edward 🙂 so if it’s 30mm it’s not a BB30 thingy then? That’s the route I was going down…

honourablegeorge

FYI – it’s very easy to pop bearings our on an E13 BB – just take the outer seals off, and tap them out from behind (leave the BB in the frame)

Might save you a few quid.

eulach

Thanks honourablegeorge, E13 BBs are not cheap and I’ll need a new one this season. What bearings do I need though?

honourablegeorge

Mine took standard BB30 bearings…. was a while back though, maybe worth checking they haven’t changed anything.

edward2000
    Free Member

BB30 is a press fit bb whereas you have described a screw thread bb. Why there are so many standards of bb I’ll never know!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Do any of you folk have problems with your cranks creaking or coming lose? I’ve got pre-APS LG1 cranks on my DH (2nd hand) dh bike and they keep coming lose. The only way to stop them working their way lose is to way over torque the crank which then obviously stops them spinning as the bearings are overloaded. I suspect the previous owner hasn’t installed them correctly, but I’m not 100% sure what’s wrong.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Cheers for the help guys. Identified the BB I need and they’re out of stock everywhere, apparently Silverfish can’t get hold of them to import any at the mo. Bit the bullet and bought a Hope one instead, never mind eh?!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘E13 bottom bracket…which bloody one?!’ is closed to new replies.