Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • E type front mech – confused!
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Just bought a second hand 2010 Trek 6300 frame and building it up from my old bike.

It has a seat tube of 36.4 so my band on SLX front mech won’t fit.

Looking online I seem to need an E type BB mount front mech, is that right?

Never heard of or seen these before so I am pretty amateur

I presume this should fit a hollowtech 2 BB with a SLX crankset? Not had that off the old bike yet as waiting to borrow a mates BB spanner.

Are they pretty easy to fit and straight forward? Shimano instructions seem to go on about BB size and spacers etc so slightly confusing!,

Any help, info would be great.

mrelectric

CRC have a few Shimano only.There’s more than one E type; one (E2?) is direct mnt. The BB type fits in place of one of the spacers on the bottom bracket I’m pretty sure.

andyl
    Free Member

The E-type fits in place of an external BB spacer but also needs a bolt into a hole on the frame to stop it rotating. Do you have such a hole?

smurfly13
    Free Member

Thanks for your help but turns out the seat tube is tapered slightly and the exact point where the front mech goes is narrower for a 34.9!! Result!!

Thanks again guys

andyl
    Free Member

are you trying to fit a low or high clamp FD? I was unable to fit my low clamp one to my C456 as the seat tube funnels out where it meets the BB shell so had to get a high clamp one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘E type front mech – confused!’ is closed to new replies.