Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • e-bay – how long to wait ?
  • DrJ

I ordered a Chinese knock-off camera goody from an outfit that advertised quick delivery from the UK. I ordered on Sunday, they promised tracked despatch on Monday and delivery Tuesday/Wednesday.

So far – nothing … no delivery and no notification of despatch. They don’t respond to messages requesting an update, and I’m wondering at what point to just say “**** it” and begin the refund process with Paypal. I’m aware it’s early days just now, but at what point does “impatient” turn into “reasonable” ?

kelron
    Free Member

Some of the places advertising UK delivery aren’t, I’ve had stuff turn up weeks later with Chinese customs labels on.

If the delivery date stated on the purchase has passed you can probably open a dispute through eBay.

matt_outandabout

kelron +1

However eBay then will not allow you to leave negative feedback… 😡

lightman
    Free Member

Does nobody have any patience these days!
    Wait at least a week.

jonnyboi

you’ll probably be waiting weeks for any kind of update, when the tracking info comes it comes it will be fake and the parcel will arrive randomly after about 6 weeks.

monkeyboyjc

Whats the estimated delivery date on eBay?

lucky7500

With online purchases I tend to give it a week from the original order date before chasing up. I feel that even a small very busy company should be able to get things sorted in that time.

jambourgie
    Free Member

And sellers sometimes won’t mark as ‘shipped’ straight away. If, like I used to, a seller marks items as shipped once they are packed and ready to go the next day (so you can see what’s done at a glance). Ebay will mark you down for late delivery if there’s any delay with the courier as the coumtdown starts the moment you mark as ‘shipped’. So you learn to do it a day or so after they’ve actually been sent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘e-bay – how long to wait ?’ is closed to new replies.