Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • DX lights
  • roughneck
    Free Member

DXAny more feed back about the bike light from DX.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Bright, cheap, buy it!

As a comparison, seems close to my mates exposure MaxxD except it's over £250 cheaper!

Build seems fine, rubbish battery bag – but a £5 lumicycle job will sort it. lens also feels a brittle… it will be fine if I don't crash it.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Which Lumicycle bag is the right one? Is it the one for the elite???

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I've posted some beamshots and comments here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=556304

roughneck
    Free Member

How long is taking to get them, a mate has been waiting over 3 weeks.

grumm
    Free Member

Been waiting since 14th September.

retro83
    Free Member

ordered mine on the 20th of sept, they shipped yesterday

montylikesbeer

Mine arrived today, the order was placed on 14th September, ah well at least they are here.

grumm
    Free Member

Ooh I wonder if mine will turn up soon then! Monty when did yours say it had left Hong Kong on the order tracking?

montylikesbeer

My Hong Kong customs declaration send date on the packaging says 23rd September, which was what the original HK post office linky thing said.

However this was changed to a sent date of 2nd October last Friday.

I am guessing this change from 23rd to 2nd must reflect a landed in UK date.

I am only guessing though.

grumm
    Free Member

Ok ta – well here's hoping. 🙂

gst
    Free Member

Hello
    I bought the torch type light from DX as a back up to my HID for night riding and also as a commute light.
    It is very good for the money, well made and a great beam.
    £37 for the torch, charger, adaptor and 4 batteries – bargain.
    It took over two weeks to arrive.

montylikesbeer

BTY I have just received my Lumicycle bag, I went for the Elite 2.6ah one, it fits perfectly.

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Where did you get the Lumicycle bag Monty? Cheers!

montylikesbeer

From the lumicycle web site, see below

lumicycle clicky

Then select "Type: Bag for Elite battery"

Stick it in the basket.

When you come to go to check out it will take you through an account set up, its ok and only takes a few moments.

Mine arrived 2nd class post inside 4 days.

Dr_Bakes

I ordered my DX bike specific light on the 15th Sept, it was listed as being sent from Hong Kong on the 2nd October and arrived this morning. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight but it looks good so far. I'll be using it on the bar with one of my P7 torches on my helmet….

jordie
    Free Member

I am beginning to think i have been scammed as i have never had a confirmation e mail and not one reply to about 20 e mails i have sent.As i never got a order number sent i really can`t do anything 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

There was another thread with people talking about problems with the site/ordering. They are not scammers though I am pretty sure of that.

rob
    Free Member

jordie
    same here no email recipt so i opened an accout and my order shows up on there

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers for the Lumicycle bag idea!

lightman
    Free Member

jordie
    Where do you find the email address?
    Ive had a look, but its always the nobbs that seem to find it!
    You have to use CSE to contact them.

DaddyPig
    Free Member

Can you get a helmet mount for the dx or is there another that fits it. I've got a maxxd but this would be good as an extra on my lid

montylikesbeer

helmet mount clicky

Magic shine import them into the US and can supply the "proper" helmet mount.

You wont get one from DX as they want to sell the whole thing and bit or part of the whole.

Not too sure what the shipping from the US is though, if you find out let me know eh

soobalias
    Free Member

there are going to be some seriously over-illuminated riders this winter.

two weeks ago four of us managed a night ride with a niterider x2 dual, a tesco torch and a petzl tikka.
    granted its more fun when you dont have to rely on the guy behind to illuminate trees – but it was a giggle.

jordie
    Free Member

lightman I don`t think anybody has received my e mail have a look about the page there are on there.

there are going to be some seriously over-illuminated riders this winter.
    Mhhh that sounds like a crash waiting to happen!

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Cheers Monty, my light has now been shipped so I'll get the battery bag now. Thanks!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

You only get a conformation email if you set an account up with them.

If you go through the "Quick" payment option you will be given an order number and you have to keep checking the tracking order section of the site.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Lumicycle bag was indeed a good idea – £5 well spent!

Carbis

Ordered my DX light on the 22nd September and received it today. The garden test has been done and it looks good. Wife thought it was good as well but she's not sure about night riding yet…

grumm
    Free Member

Ordered my DX light on the 22nd September and received it today.

No fair! I ordered mine over a week earlier and it's still not here. It's a good thing I'm too ill to go out riding at the moment! 😡 😈

roughneck
    Free Member

Fu@king Pay pal, Its not playing they have to send me some kind of code in the post, may take two weeks. Can you pay any other way ?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘DX lights’ is closed to new replies.