Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DX light – battery charging voltage (Sorry for antoher DX post)
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

Forgot to charge them before the commute in today and they need a charge before my hopefully snowy Pentlands commute home. Got a bench power supply on my desk but I can't remember what the charging voltage is.

Please help, or it'll be a dull homeward journey.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

8.4v when fully charged. I presume that's what the charger runs at. Be careful!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Got mine on charge here and its 8.5v.

While we are on this does anybody know if Hope batteries are centre positive like the DX is? Thinking about using the small Hope pack on the DX as it is smaller and better sealed.

chriswilk
    Free Member

Ta,

if it's 8.4 V when fully charged then I can find what the charging voltage should be, it'll be a volt or 2 higher than that.

I'm used to charging my batteries this way, been doing it for years with lead acid, then NiMh and LiIon. The charger I use is fully regulated, current limited and MUCH better than any off the shelf one. I guess it should be for 700 notes…

uplink
    Free Member

The charger is rated at 8.5V 1800mA

I guess that's when it's under load

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Just checked the charger with a meter and its 8.5v with no load. I dont have a connection to test it when its actually charging.

But – my ultrafire 18650 charger runs 0.2v higher than the battery it's charging eg if I put a discharged battery in at 3.6v the charger starts at 3.8 and slowly increases to 4.2v. Dunno if that helps in any way….

chriswilk
    Free Member

Thankyou all, setting the PSU to 8.5V, but will limit the current to 1A, now off to find a spare 2.1mm jack

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DX light – battery charging voltage (Sorry for antoher DX post)’ is closed to new replies.