Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dust in iPhone 6s screen …
  • demonracer

I have a reoccurring problem with the top left corner of my screen, it keep going speckled and gaining “dead pixels”. I had two screens replaced and then the phone, now the second phone has done the same thing. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? Apple assure me the screen is laminated so no chance of dust ingress, from a quick google it looks like it could be dust on the backlight.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

6s is pretty well sealed. The display is taped in around the frame, then theres a metal backplate to circumnavigate, dust would have to try really really hard to get in there.. Is it in a mega dusty environment? Considered a case?

demonracer

It’s just kept in my pocket, not generally a dusty place. It currently in an olloclip case, I was thinking of replacing this with one that covers the switch to see if this helps.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

And you dont work in a sawmill or inside a 20yo PC? The mute switch isnt sealed but thered need to be some form of vacuum inside the phone to ingress dust as its a pretty snug fit. I just cant see how its getting into there and to the same place every time. Good job apples warranty is excellent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dust in iPhone 6s screen …’ is closed to new replies.