Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dull "What's It Worth Question": Turner 5 Spot
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Been out of the buying/selling loop for a while so I’ve lost touch with what things are going for. Am usually quite good at gauging these things, but not his time. Help, please!

Need to sell to raise funds – don’t ride it enough to justify keeping it and I have a mate interested in buying it, so…

Frame: 19.5″ Turner 5 Spot. 2005/6 with the Horst link. I’ve owned it for 4 or 5 years, bought from these very classifieds. Am I led to believe these are still quite sought-after and get good prices on fleaBay? Or did I dream that? Mines in VGC. RP23 shock, serviced by TF. Frame’s been well looked after by me (regular lubing of the grease ports) and linkages/bushes are regularly checked/serviced by a proper spanner-monkey at the LBS.

Forks: Magura Menjas. Perfectly good fork. Serviced a year or two ago and were found to be in excellent condition internally. Didn’t really need doing.

Rest of the bits are all from 2008/9/10: XT chainset, BB, F&R mechs, shifters and brakes. Actually the brakes might be LX. Wheels are black-spoked Mavic XC717 on XTR hubs, which I’ve owned from new. Replaced the XTR freehub-body about a year ago. Thomson seat pin. Spesh Alias 143 saddle. Headset, bars and stem are nowt special.

Goes like a sewing machine. Sweet as. Cassette and chain replacement isn’t far away, though.

Abuse-wise, I’ve never crashed it. It only comes out when the trails are dry and/or I go somewhere lumpy that warrants a 5″ full susser. And it’s regularly sat in the garage for many months on end without seeing any daylight.

What sorta price should I be looking for in your hexpert opinions?

Ta.

iolo
    Free Member

5 to 600 pounds

haggis1978

£5-600 to a mate is probably about right. Frames go for around £300 on eBay.

midlifecrashes

If you need most money, split it. Minimums I’d advertise for

Frame + shock £400
    Fork £150+? guessing, maybe lots more
    XT 9 speed 770 model?
    Chainset £65
    R Mech £25
    f Mech £10?
    Shifters £25
    Brakes £45
    Tyres £25
    Thomson £35
    Wheels, inc XTR skewers £120+?
    Saddle £25

that’s nigh on £900, but will cost you £50+ in postage and hassle, but if you have the time to do it it should be achievable. Your mate is still getting a good deal at £700, maybe £750

iolo
    Free Member

For a 8 year old bike with Magura forks? Good luck.

peterfile
    Free Member

Abuse-wise, I’ve never crashed it.

wtf? 😯

richmtb

Abuse-wise, I’ve never crashed it.
    wtf?

Well in fairness he only takes it out in the dry.

For reference I got a brand new never built 2009 DW Link 5 spot off Ebay for £622.

I well ridden HL Frame is probably worth around £350.

I would definitely be splitting unless I had a buyer lined up

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Maybe I just ride within my limits and pick good lines, eh?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dull "What's It Worth Question": Turner 5 Spot’ is closed to new replies.