Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DT EX500 tubeless?
  • Scapegoat

I’m sure this has been done before, but has anyone run DT EX500 rims tubless? I seem to thik they can be, but can it be done with Stans rimtape, valves and sealant?

BearBack
    Free Member

Yep, I run ex1750s with DTS tubeless kit.
    Staff have done it with bonty tubeless kit.

monkeyboyjc

Ive been running som DT M1800’s with stans with no issues. I cant see why thered be a problem.

Scapegoat

Ive been running som DT M1800’s with stans with no issues. I cant see why thered be a problem

WIth Stans tape rather than a rimstrip?

monkeyboyjc

Oooo, nope sorry rimstrip.

Scapegoat

Well, I put some stans rimtape on the rims, and ran the bike with tubes while I waited for some valves. They arrived this morning, whereupon I discovered I only had enough jizz for one tyre. New Nic Snakeskin has sealed first go with the trackpump on the front. 8) More jizz ordered and we’ll see how it goes at the weekend.

honourablegeorge

Pinkbike did it with the DT 5.1D (the old EX500) in one of their articles, said it worked with no issues. Yellow tape only.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/tech-tuesday-tubeless-conversion-2010.html

Klunk
    Free Member

yep been running dt5.1 tubeless with just yellow tape for a few years now… many different tyres “Normal” TR & URT never failed to get it to work (though a compressor is useful) even on some very floppy lightweight tyres.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DT EX500 tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.