Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • drumnadrochit and area rides
  • duncancallum

Howdy,

Me my dog and the missus are up this week in Drum and I’m itching to go riding however I’ve not a clue where to head in the area. I was thinking fort bill and the nevis range or maybe laggan but I’m not a big trail centre lover but as I am only riding solo they do make life easier.

unless any one would like to meet up for a ride, I am not by any stretch supper fit or in to massive Gnar but a 3/4 hour ride is what I’d like.

I do have my lights so can even do evenings and nights too?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just watch out for 8 loonies on all manner of bikes ranging from a Marin Quake to a hybrid heading up Glen Affric on Friday.

scotroutes

As above. Head down Glen Affric to the car park at the end then cycle round the loch clockwise. It’s good landy track to the end, nice singletrack on the return with one river to wade.

duncancallum

Cheers people,

Just notice it reads 3 quarters of an hour I meant 3-4 hours 😳 Grammar was never my strong point.

I’m gonna do the glen affric area as the missus does fell/trail running and I will just bugger off on my todd for a bit.

I also passed Learnie red rocks today and plan to do that as there seems to be a few possible configurations to ride that.

CraigW
    Free Member

You can follow the Great Glen Way in either direction. None of its too technical, but nice scenery. I like the new “high route” section between Invermoriston and Drumnadrochit.

Also some trails at Abriachan, just off the Great Glen Way, fun to do a few laps.

scotroutes

How did you get on in Glen Affric?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Fine thanks Col. That track on the northside of Loch Affric was lovely on the way back!
    Didn’t see the OP though. 😆

scotroutes

Definitely better clockwise. How was the river crossing?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘drumnadrochit and area rides’ is closed to new replies.