Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Drumlanrig… will I die?
  • benjishucksmith
    Free Member

Going to Scotland next week and doing some of the stanes, but I really want to do Drumlanrig again. Last year was in perfect conditions just wondering what conditions are like now?

Liftman

A lot of the routes are closed due to felling, check their website for details.

igm

Paging Rik

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I live 45 minutes for Drumlanrig, and don’t really go now, as the bits I really loved – the first black sections up to and including the bombhole and the steep rooty bits – are gone due to windfall. It’s still good, no doubt, but just not the same now.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Sun always shines on Drumlanrig! Seems to have its own micro climate. Trails (that were open, 80%/90%) were running really nice. Theres been some(more) berm/jump building going on which IMO is really out of character for the place, looses that non trail centre/feels natural vibe, it is on a bit of trail that was trashed but I much preferred the old style.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agree with yokaiser too, the pumpy bits are just not Drumlanrig at all.

bigjim

I’ve not been this year but I liked the new sections that I saw last year, nice little blast in the middle of it all. Shame to hear about the black, that was my favourite bit too

stanfree
    Free Member

I liked the wee pump section and there is a new(ish) wee drop towards the end of the black section.

hunty155
    Free Member

Bump.

Anyone been there over the weekend? How wet is it?

vmgscot

Was there yesterday… most of the singletrack is standing up well to recent rains..not wet or muddy but the wet roots/rocks were their usual challenge 🙂

All the Black stuff is still closed but all the Red is cleared.

hora
    Free Member

Noooo I was going to ‘do Drumlanrig

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’ll never return to those roots. The bonkingest day of ny life. Good God, the throttling.

It was a very hard, very long day to be smashing around on 32:16 Inbred with a bunch of guys on Mojo HD’s.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, if you’re used to riding the 7 stanes type trails, the very first descents at the drum are not long in letting you know you’re not as good as you think you are!.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don’t go. You risk getting wet!

Yes.

YES!

SERIOUSLY!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig… will I die?’ is closed to new replies.