Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Dropped from the Olympics
  • ads-b
    Free Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/olympics/article4435309.ece

I got cut. Am totally devastated. Anyone want to start an online petition to get us reinstated?

😥

Jamie
    Free Member

Who are you and what were you doing?

wwaswas

I heard it was because they couldn’t get the rail companies to offer a late service.

trail_rat
    Free Member

😀

almost as good a news as uk getting its summer afterall with the caveat of “except scotland” last time i checked scotland was around 30% of the uk…..

ads-b
    Free Member

Im sure 80,000 people would have been happy to get the late bus home to watch our bit.

Weeks of rehearsals, cancelled a holiday, taking leave, building my hopes and telling everyone I vaguely knew that I would be there. Then bang, youre out because we fckd up on the timing.

Not angry, just gutted.

Jamie
    Free Member

…again. Who are you, and what were you doing?

ads-b
    Free Member

Click on the link Jamie. Tells it all. Was supposed to be riding in the opening ceremony.

cakefacesmallblock

Typical UK “going the extra mile approach”. Stuff killed off by the health and safety brigade and the Unions in my view.
    Welcome to 9 to 5 Britain and where’s your certificate of conformance for those socks ?
    Are we really sure the world will turn if public transport works later for an event like this ?

BruceWee

You were going to ride your bike while on fire?

Jamie
    Free Member

Click on the link Jamie. Tells it all. Was supposed to be riding in the opening ceremony.

I ain’t trawling through no Sun article. Thanks for the answer.

ads-b
    Free Member

Even though Im not doing it Im not sure I can tell anyone still. But Bruce, you arent a million miles away.

wrecker
    Free Member

Even though Im not doing it Im not sure I can tell anyone still.

What are they going to do, fire you?

Jamie
    Free Member

What are they going to do, fire you?

The ‘sponsors’ will not be happy…

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s disgusting and outrageous. I am disgusted and outraged.

hels
    Free Member

I was in Zurich once, visiting friends on a saturday night. It just so happened there was some yoof/street/dance festival on, so they kept all the trams etc running well into the morning. This apparantely happens all the time according to my pals “if there is something on or it’s busy they keep all the trams on until everyone has gone home”.

Now that’s a proper country !

rOcKeTdOg

do we tax payers get a refund now it’s been dropped? no, thought not

chakaping
    Free Member

Tough crowd here ads-b. Sad that people care more about trying to look clever than your bad news.

Gutted for you. I’m sure it would have been awesome.

aracer
    Free Member

“if there is something on or it’s busy they keep all the trams on until everyone has gone home”.

Now that’s a proper country !

Do the tram drivers demand a bonus for providing such a service?

soobalias
    Free Member

who are we holding responsible?

cant the military just fill the gaps

cakefacesmallblock

I’m just delighted Group 4 aren’t trying to raise an army on our behalf.

Sorry ads-b, If it seems I’m just being overly cynical, I’m sorry and gutted for you, having trained for this and not being able to showcase your skills. A pity.

jedi

part of the bmx ? atkins is gutted too

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

BMX? Pah, what have they got to do with sport?!

At least they haven’t dropped the grazing animals and the soil-tilling farmers. Those essential ingredients to an opening ceremony.

Nice work Mr Boyle 😕

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Dropped from the Olympics’ is closed to new replies.