Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Driver opened door onto my car …
  • spectabilis
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    Mot not due till next July
    I’ll be knocking it out tomorrow morning oh and my fee is £150 !

😯 I think you should keep that to yourself… I doubt you’ll get many takers especially at that price.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Hardly ! My time is worth £150 thats time not spent with my children/diy stuff enjoying the weekend.

If your time is worth £150 then the only valid economic decision that you could possibly make would be to take it to the place who gave you the £150 quote. That way you’re up the price of materials etc…. You are ripping the arse out of it, there is no point whatsoever trying to deny it.

andyl
    Free Member

Not read all the posts but why not go get a proper quote. If it’s more than the £150 then email her a copy and say after proper assessment the price has increased to £xxx and as this is more than you told her it would be and she agreed to pay then say you’ve just accept the £150 as loss of value for the damage if she is happy with that instead of ‘wasting’ more money to get it fixed properly.

If it comes back as less then be honest and say on second look they can fix it for less but point out you need the money before you will do get the work done in case she backs out.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You let people **** your shit up for free then george ?

It will cost 150 pounds to put right

Its up to him if he wants to fix it or not , but either way it will cost her 150 pounds to make it go away. (Or more down the insurance route)

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Of course it’s upto him if he wants to fix it or not and it’s right that he gets the repair paid for. That bit that is wrong is the bullshit moaning about his time being valuable then not sending it to the garage to get it repaired. He’s ripping the arse out of it. I’d be sending it through the insurance route.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

taking it the garage means no car for 2 days

im not moaning btw

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Got any pictures of this damage? Because two days in a bodyshop would get a lot of damage fixed.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

try reading the pgs 1 & 2 from the beginning !

trail_rat
    Free Member

Reduced value of car at sale will be more than 150 quid .

Think of it as compensation for that then if your unable to be rational.

Of course could go down insurance and it will cost her alot more……and equaly him as his car will be written off

spectabilis
    Free Member

Reduced value of car at sale will be more than 150 quid .

The car is described as a “commute old banger ” I’d guess the OP has a smarter car for when not doing the daily commute and this old banger is used for such so that any possible damaged caused daily drive would be of no concern.

The car has fulfilled it’s intended purpose.

The value of a car like this would be based on its mechanical condition rather than its aesthetic appeal. No?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

If she’d hit our other car then yes it would have been insurance job.

Car is old but only has 34000 on clock mechanicly spot on that’s why it has value for me.

Anyways she’s paid she’s happy I’m happy ! We’re all happy !

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im sure he does… I mean we all have good cars for when we aint commuting….. Or not.

My latest car has a similar ding in the wing from a previous owner, when i made my offer i took it into account and offered about 800 below similar spec and milage vehicles without the dinged wing and bumper .- which made it a very cheap way to get a decent banger.

Aint fixed it yet.

Cougar

taking it the garage means no car for 2 days

Push for a courtesy car too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Might get a merc 😉

For 150 quid a courtesy car might be pushing it 😉

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Just get a replacement wing from a scrappy. And hope the holes line up.

You’ll have cash left over from £150 and unless you’re charging £240/hr for your time you’ll be able to give her some cash back too.

alpin
    Free Member

Either the door opened was a 17 century oak door or the wing is made of cheese.

Troll?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

you’ll be able to give her some cash back too.

er no !

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Driver opened door onto my car …’ is closed to new replies.