Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Draconian Powers + Incompetent Recordkeeping = Major CSA Stress
  • smiffy

The Child Support Agency wrote me a letter which arrived on Friday and I got to read at 09:05 yesterday. At 09:10 they phoned me to ask why I’d done nothing about two years of arrears they’d informed me about, saying they’d checked my credit rating and I was good to borrow 17 grand, they’d confirmed with my bank the details of my property and if I didn’t give them over seven grand there and then they would have my house sold. When I got a word in edgeways I tried to explain I didn’t think I owed them this money, even my ex wife hasn’t hassled me or them for it, and perhaps we should find out what had happened first. Oh no, the only option open to me was to pay. Immediately, or the house would go. They managed to skim 3.5k off my card, and they said they’d be back for the rest. When I got home at lunchtime I found statements from the CSA and my bank showing that I had in fact paid all that money (9 and 5 years ago), and duly faxed them off. Can I get my money back? Apology? No way. They say it’ll take at least 12 weeks to look into why their records are wrong and in the meantime I’m obliged to keep paying double to clear “arrears” that we’ve already established don’t exist, and if I don’t keep paying they’ll take it from my wages!

Is there a cunning plan to recoup the national debt via the CSA?

Del

holymothermaryofgod!

flyingmonkeycorps

Jeez. That’s terrifying! Hope you get it sorted mate, and I would go as high as you need to get it done!

DrJ

Fvckin ‘ell. Hope you have a big jar of vaseline handy !!

(Maybe a letter to your MP would help?)

BigDummy
    Free Member

That sounds horrendous. The nearest to that level of incompetence, intrusion and fucktardulent crypto-nazi patheticism that most of us have to deal with is TV-Licensing, and that’s bad enough…

I suggest that you do not deal with them by telephone at all. Send measured, calm, typed letters by special delivery and keep copies of everything you send.

Davy
    Free Member

Go to the police. Seriously. It may sound like over-reacting, but what they have done is theft. They cannot take money from your account without permission/court order. The very least you should do is contact a solicitor, to recoup the money + costs immediately. 12 weeks is too long to be without YOUR money. It may also be worth contacting the press, because a public body such as the CSA shouldn’t be allowed to operate in this manner.

Contact Fathers for Justice as well, as they will be able to advise you better than anyone here, (including me).

VanHalen

its well documented the CSA of old peryed on the easy targets. There was supposedly a restructuring to avoid this but obviously some of the old guard are hanging in.

i`m dreading a similar call. all my transactions have been done by direct debit and approved by CSA but you never know with these people.

smiffy

MP letter sounds good, as does staying off the phone – I was pissboiling angry yesterday.

wildrnes
    Free Member

telephone your MP now
    they have a direct line to the csa
    also tell the CSA that you are requesting all the information from them via data protection

Agree about the police and Press,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Draconian Powers + Incompetent Recordkeeping = Major CSA Stress’ is closed to new replies.