• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wl.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Double glazers in Calderdale or thereabouts
  • wl
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a good double glazing firm for work in Hebden Bridge? Any to avoid? Ballpark costs for an 8-window Victorian mid-terrace? No idea where to start really. Also, any good tips for questions to ask, or great products I should know about? We’ll be saying goodbye to lovely original sash windows. Don’t think we can afford to have the swanky stuff that looks the same, so we’ll reluctantly be sacrificing aesthetics for comfort and reliability. All info welcome. Thanks v much.

mj27
    Free Member

I have always got mine from Nufit (Opposite Morrisons in Elland) on a supply only basis and then fitted them myself, but they have a list of window fitters that could do the job. I have always found they are a good price, all broken down.

Also had a good experience of Ryburne windows.

ElShalimo

If you do decide to keep any fancy stuff, or need stained glass repairing or replacing these guys are great:

Home

poolman
    Free Member

No but i have just helped my supplier with offloading 2m x 2m sliding doors and the frames are heavy. Glad i paid for delivery i collected the windows myself.

midlifecrashes

Have a look at Quickslide down at Brighouse, UPVC sash windows for not too much of a premium, plus they can do timber, doors etc. Ours have been in more than a decade now.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yeh, we’ve used Sowerby Bridge glass before for smaller stuff like custom mirrors etc. For double glazing, Coral up in Bradford did our old house (~8 windows and a mid terrace) and were not only well priced but extremely professional.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers, folk. Good start – much appreciated. Keep them coming…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Double glazers in Calderdale or thereabouts’ is closed to new replies.