Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Donnie Darko
  • RustySpanner

Haven’t seen it before.
    Worth investing a couple of hours of my life in?

TheFlyingOx

I enjoyed it. Took more than two hours of my life though, cos it’s hella confusing.

big_scot_nanny

Yes. Deffo.

HTH 😀

kev

Creg

Yup

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Awesome film.

RustySpanner

Seems ok so far, let’s give it a pop.

New brew and biscuits time 😀

Thanks folks.

Cougar

It’s one of those “crap, I wish I’d been paying attention” movies. See also, Memento. Very good.

dogbert
    Free Member

Its a puzzler right enough, and i just spotted Seth Rogen in it, it’s like Fight Club, you have to watch it twice to really appreciate it

RustySpanner

Well, I enjoyed that!

Not sure what it all means, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 😀

I’ve just read the plot summary on wiki, so think I’ll watch it again soon and see if it all fits together a bit better.

A very odd but curiously life affirming film – reminded me a bit of Wings of Desire somehow.

Thanks for the positive recommendations, I’m very glad I watched that.

dogbert
    Free Member

I just read some massive explanation (search Donnie Darko Explanation, first site from Google) and apart from making me want to watch it all again, it made it all the more enjoyable and “bake your noodle” subtle.

But then i like to get tottally blinded by madcap theories on time travel

rOcKeTdOg

The scene in the psychiatrists office always makes my neck hairs stand on end

emma82
    Free Member

I still don’t think I get that film, it’s good though. Tom minchin did quite a good explanation of it through the medium of song 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

There is an alternative cut that explains everything…however it’s nice to watch the original first and see how close to the mark you get.

All in all it’s in my top twenty movies.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Wierd film, I didn’t like it, but cast carried it off well.

funkynick

PJM… the director’s cut doesn’t explain everything, unless there is another one out there… it certainly gives some more hints and just when you think you understand it something happens and you don’t… which leaves you even more confused.

But, I do think I prefer the director’s cut…

Kevevs
    Free Member

yes. for some reason I really like this film.

so think I’ll watch it again soon and see if it all fits together a bit better.

that’s not the point. It’s a philosophical film. like Solaris. It’s not meant to be de-constructed. I really like it, it’s a modern idea.

kimbers

excellent film
    sounds good with decent speakers too – to make franks voice all deep and scary
    and what an 80s soundtrack!

HermanShake
    Free Member

Sparkle Motion.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

………….the soundtrack is great too!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

The alternative cut that explains it all is the Directors Cut, AKA “the american cut” 😉

j_me
    Free Member

The púca did it !

Pauly

Amazing film. Amazing soundtrack. Wouldn’t be far out from my top 20 also.

rOcKeTdOg

And Maggie Gyllenhall too, mmm

chvck
    Free Member

I just read some massive explanation (search Donnie Darko Explanation, first site from Google) and apart from making me want to watch it all again, it made it all the more enjoyable and “bake your noodle” subtle.

I just read that explanation, really wish i hadn’t. Seems like a load of bollocks now!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Donnie Darko’ is closed to new replies.