Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • Donald…erm Trump?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

If you’re going to nuke a 7000 post thread, maybe you could at least pop a post saying why?

Going from 0-nuke, without even posting a warning, is behaviour Donald would be proud of.

oldnpastit

It was the best thread ever, no really, it was phenomenal.

scotroutes

Bigly

jimjam
    Free Member

lazybike
    Free Member

Like this is going to last…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

2016 claims another, someone’s gotta tell saxonrider

Pigface
    Free Member

It got out of hand real quick tonight

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven was having a Trump style meltdown today.

Not pretty.

Sad.

beej

I’m going to have to buy a book or something to read now that’s gone.

Anyone recommend a good magazine? I like bikes and stuff.

Jamie
    Free Member

It got out of hand real quick tonight

I noticed it did get a bit sean spicy in there, but a mod could just have posted ‘Oi….calm down everyone or I will lock this’, rather than just locking.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He wasn’t the one threatening others…

Shame to lose the thread though.

Perhaps it will be reopened after a cooling period?

MrSparkle

Fake post.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Alt post.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s been transferred over to the Theresa May thread, don’t worry…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, its not like the thread had anywhere to go..

It could have been an epic.

But nastiness in intrinsic in here, so what choices were available? “Oi, stop it or..” or “Banned” or close it.

Not a lot else.

Shame.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It must be because someone complained. No other reason

lazybike
    Free Member

Or just let people rant and burn themselves out…it’s not like we’re adults or anything.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bypassing mainstream media (yeah…stw).
    You can’t call a moron a moron….cause,reasons.

somafunk

But nastiness in intrinsic in here

Nah i don’t consider it is, however there are 2 or 3 posters who i will not acknowledge with a response in any thread as they act/post like dicks to garner a response so it’s easier to ignore than to respond and fuel their ego.

maxtorque

mental note to self: Don’t bother to try to logically discourse with idiots….. 😉

maxtorque

PS i agree with you Soma, the vast majority of peeps on STW are pretty decent, articulate, and despite not necessarily agreeing the whole time, get along just fine!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d reply to maxtorque’s post, but I agree with him. 😀

Houns

Thought it was getting, well, got very nasty. Posts could’ve just been deleted and the ban hammer used

CountZero

😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Thought it was getting, well, got very nasty. Posts could’ve just been deleted and the ban hammer used

Nasty? I would give it 6/10 mumsnets for how bad it got.

LimboJimbo

Hang on, has anyone one checked it wasn’t the Russians?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

As long as mumsnet is consenting, we’ll be alright.

Jamie
    Free Member

AIBU in wanting to ban muslims from my street/country?

cheers_drive

I tend to be a voyeur on the political threads rather than a poster but I out of any of the other forums or FB groups I visit STW is the most moderated, most PC and probably the nicest behaved.
    Without a few juicy threads to play on the those that ‘spoiled’ the Trump thread will just find another, better to give them a sandbox to play in IMO

kimbers

Basically the Trump thread became bitter and divisive, just like the orange shitgibbon himself.

So the dark forces that lurk in the background in STW swooped n and terminated the thread with extreme prejudice. All for the wider good of the site.

Ironically somewhere in a CIA black ops site there’s a team of extremely deniable assassins plotting to fix the Trump problem in a similar way.

Edukator
    Free Member

Unwritten rule #7 of this forum. There are some members that won’t ever enter into reasoned debate and will always take the Michael. Zulu-eleven is one of them.

Jamie
    Free Member

When did Kimbers become the liberal version of Chekwk? 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

SIOB WRT YABU
    OTOH IKWYM

somafunk

chewkw is one of the good (bad) posters, he’s amusing and i’d quite happily have a pint and a face to face discussion/argument with him in the pub as i imagine we’d both leave on good terms, as for the others i feel it would be a very short discussion before i would feel utter contempt for their views.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Threatening someone is not the smartest move if you want a thread to remain open

lazybike
    Free Member

Basically the Trump thread became bitter and divisive

May be fairer to moderate for the many rather than the few..

codybrennan
    Free Member

I turned away in disdain a few times, but turned away in disgust when ninfan was accused of being a rape apologist. He might be many things, but not that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Agreed but a collective punishment rather than a ban for those involved would seem a more appropriate response

Its not like another political thread wont fill the vacuum and we will all repeat the dance.

Jamie
    Free Member

Threatening someone is not the smartest move if you want a thread to remain open

Again, not excusing the handbags that were thrown underarm in the thread, but a warning/temp ban just to nudge people back on track would have sufficed.

p.s You want some?

oldtalent
    Free Member

Excellent. Has/will the brexit one go the same way?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Donald…erm Trump?’ is closed to new replies.