Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dalby Forest?
  • eistrar
    Free Member

Has anyone been recently? If so how is it?

I’m thinking of going soon but can’t justify it…..

Which route is best?

ton

it is crap, not worth the hassle.
    far too much fast, sandy singletrack. 😀

uplink
    Free Member

The red route is probably the best one in Winter ~40K

I was there last Saturday morning – frozen fun 🙂

davo
    Free Member

you will love dalby if you have never been before. do the red route the black was closed 2 weeks ago. just out of interest how far are you traveling to get there?

eistrar
    Free Member

@ davo.

It would be about just under a 50 miles, about an hour driving…..

Just out of curiosity, what are the main differences between the red and black routes?

ton

black is same as red, just with some rougher options.

davo
    Free Member

the black has a few slightly bigger drop offs,nothing massive and a bit of wood.

ton

wood is good 8)

davo
    Free Member

like ton says do the red and take the black bits has you get to them.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

topangarider
    Free Member

Went on New Years Eve – Red route conditions were excellent.

Muddiest part of the place was the car park!

bustafajones
    Free Member

it is good allround fun!

chakaping
    Free Member

Went before New Year for first time. Second Topangarider on the carpark – take something to stand on and get changed!

Definitely worth the 50 mile drive, I did about that to get there from the in-laws’ place in Leeds.

Very pleasantly surprised at quality of riding, flows pretty well and never seems like too much climbing. Fun bike park bit halfway round.

Did most of the black detours, wouldn’t do them again – red was mostly better.

If you do the black option raised timber bit, do not lock your brakes if the wood is wet!!

didmatt
    Free Member

I’m often at Dalby forest with it being my local trail centre. The red, as many people have said is alot of fun and at this time of year alot better then the Black route. Theres parts of the black route which isn’t really ridable when is been pretty wet. Its worth the trip if you get chance!

DaveFell
    Free Member

Take your wellies – the car park in F’ing shocking!

Pook

i regularly drive from Sheffield to go to Dalby. It’s a cracking place. Even considering getting a FC pass to save those pennies!

will
    Free Member

Pook – How long does it take you to get from Sheff?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If you do a couple of dig days at Dalby, Stainburn and/or Wharncliffe you can get a free year pass for Dalby 🙂

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Will – I live in Sheff and it usually takes me about 1 and a half hours to get to Dalby. Really quick as its mostly M’way wereas Llandegla in comparison, the nearest Welsh trail center, is 2 hours plus (damn Glossop and Tintwhistle oe whatever its called).

I agree with the majority of posts. Red is a nice route with plenty of places to stretch your legs but not all of the Blacks (descents and climbs)are worth it. Well worth a visit. Bike park is good for a laugh too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest?’ is closed to new replies.