Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • doing jobs on the side…dilema
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

I work for a small company (5 emps) and one of the guys here is borderline blatantly doing cash in hand jobs and pocketing said cash. If I tell the boss I doubt it will have any effect. Everyone knows about it but turns a blind eye but it's starting to grate. I have no end of evidence to prove what a **** they're being.

what to do ? 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Get on with your life?

Pook

what line of work is it?

thomthumb
    Free Member

could be worse; could be the wife 😯

uplink
    Free Member

Every man needs a bonus 😉

Denounce him if you want – but no good will come of it

wwaswas

just ask for a cut…

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Why do you have a problem with it?

jon1973
    Free Member

how does it affect you apart from grating a bit.

wwaswas

If it's work that would otherwise go through the company and boost income/profits I can't see the owner turning a blind eye?

If the guy's finding work and doing it in his own time then it's not the same.

MrNutt
    Free Member

beat him up, get him hooked on smack and then pimp him out!

jam-bo

undercut him.

alex222
    Free Member

do some of your own fiddle jobs?

woffle
    Free Member

If it's work that would otherwise go through the company and boost income/profits I can't see the owner turning a blind eye?

If it were 'in competition' to the co. AND on company time then I'd shop him. If he was doing it in his own time then that's a different matter.

Jamie
    Free Member

jam bo:
    uppndercut him.

Fixed that for you.

molgrips
    Free Member

I went to get my tracking done in Cardiff the other day. They said it's £20, but if you pay by card you have to pay the VAT.

Uh huh…

donks
    Free Member

You haven't said what the work is so we cant make a decision on their heineous crimes. I make any spending cash i have by doing private jobs but i'm not defrauding the company i work for or seriously undercutting self emloyed workers so i see it as a benefit of my trade. If however the bloke is using company vehicles and gear and putting you in a position where if cornered you may have to stick your neck out for the guy then it could be a problem.

ton

jelousy is a bad trait in a man……… 😆

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What is it to do with you? is it in work time? how do you know? what impact is it having on you/your work load?

therealhoops
    Free Member

why does it grate….?
    it pees me off coz the four figure sum of money he's taking each year in his back pocket might be the difference in profits between getting a proper rise and getting a crappy below inflation pay rise. Infact the big cheese might not be giving the rest of us a bonus coz he knows full well what is going on and assumes that we're all profiting.
    Also, he's using the services of people outside of work but putting their invoices through the company.
    He earns a packet anyway coz he's been here for years. Did I mention he's sh!t at his job as well…?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If the guy's finding work and doing it in his own time then it's not the same.

Unless he is using work equipment and using skills directly learnt whilst in that employment.

But why does it bother you?

therealhoops
    Free Member

maybe alex is right, maybe I should do some of my own stuff on the not so quiet… but then again I'm not that sort.

by the rules team player me

therealhoops
    Free Member

Everything is done on work time using work kit and work money to pay for the third party services. Genuine clients work probably isn't given the time it could have.

wwaswas

Everything is done on work time using work kit and work money to pay for the third party services

then I can't believe 'the boss' would just let it go unless he knows, has already spoken to the guy and has set limits as to what is allowed?

tails
    Free Member

To me it sounds like your jealous, he might need the money to support family etc. You should jump on the same wagon and make a bit yourself.

jon1973
    Free Member

do some of your own fiddle jobs?

Ooh! matron

therealhoops
    Free Member

I probably am jealous but I think it's more the arrogance and audacity of the bloke to do things in broad daylight infront of everyone else. The clues he does leave are maahooosivvv. A reet big proper paper trail leads right back to him.

I should probably establish with numero uno whether there is some sort of thing going on which allows him to imo take the piss.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just ask him how he feels about you doing jobs on the side as you think other people are doing so you want to know what the rules are before undertaking any work.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

sounds like a good bloke, can't fault him, you've got to get want you can these days, goverment rips us off so f&@k em! thats what i say! blokes like you piss me off!! **** grassin ****ts, like everyone says, your just jealous!! 😡

brakes
    Free Member

if you're out of pocket because of him, then either get in on the action or shop him
    don't be a doormat

khani
    Free Member

cash in hand is what makes the world go round, most peaple would be f****d if it did'nt go on,
    make hay while the sun shines i reckon

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘doing jobs on the side…dilema’ is closed to new replies.