Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Does this look right? (POV vid / Fork Question)
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Took a lap of The Wall in at the weekend, yes it was very UnWelsh and dry, but my arms took an absolute battering – I made a little vid for my own amusement – is it me or are my forks not doing much for me?

They’re Fox 36’s, I run 30% sag – but I kind of guess high/low speed compression as I’m no expert – any suggestions to take the strain on my arms? I’ve got plates and pins in both so it’s more than just a bit sore when I over-do it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24l3Ll4tNyY[/video]

dday

Hard to tell from the vid. Does it look like you are getting all the travel from the forks? As for compression, on a run like that, somewhere in the middle would probably do. I’d check your rebound rate first. If its cranked up, the fork can feel pretty springy. Beyond that – try changing you riding position?

GregMay
    Free Member

Do you do any upperbody exercise other than riding downhill? I know this is an issue for me when I get lazy. Fecky. Little. XC. Arms.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

I’m got limited range of movement in my right arm after a broken elbow so my position is determined by that really, pre-crash I rode more off the back than I do now. I also don’t do any sort of arm exorcize other than riding – again I’m kind of screwed there, weights and stuff just kill me. I’ve been waffling on about trying Yoga for about 10 years, I might actually build up the courage to give it a go!

I’ll try some more settings, they could probably do with a service too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Does this look right? (POV vid / Fork Question)’ is closed to new replies.