Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Does it open or close?
  • Drac

Iirc I had hundreds of this sort of thing to do during an exam/interview for the Navy.
    Closes.

I hope you didn’t work on subs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Comedy gold

MrSmith
    Free Member

It does neither, it stays still, the first 2 cogs are not meshed and the belt is not gripping.

theotherjonv

both

depending on which way you turn the handle in the first place. Just because it’s got an arrow on it doesn’t mean I have to conform to your rules.

(this answer was basically the same answer given to us on a graduate teambuilding management residential course I went on a few years back. In that case it was build a bridge out of barrels and planks over a ‘river’, except there weren’t enough pieces to do it. There were another load of planks for another task nearby that we were told we couldn’t use, but apparently we should have used them anyway because that would demonstrate ‘out of the box thinking, a willingness to challenge the rules, and “easier to gain forgiveness than permission”. Great message for a group of folks in a heavily regulated part of the chemical industry, and not one the FDA or HSE particularly subscribe to!. I was sorely tempted to ask if his ‘rules’ allowed me to punch him in the middle of his stupid HR face)

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

…. I was sorely tempted to ask if his ‘rules’ allowed me to punch him in the middle of his stupid HR face)

😀 Ace

My first company back in Vancouver fell for this whole Organisational Development thing and would churn out endless team building sessions so I can understand where you are coming from.

antigee

captainsasquatch – Member
    Iirc I had hundreds of this sort of thing to do during an exam/interview for the Navy.

….did you end up redesigning the nozzle rotate mechanism on the sea harrier? – 6 speed chain upgrade?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Opens. I just traced it with my finger.

As for team building exercises, I remember once being challenged with a group to cross a pond. Stuff at the side of us to build a raft. Sod that. Stop off, wade across, job done. Seems that was the “right” answer.

MrSparkle

I have played it

Oh, it’s a musical box, is it? What was the tune?

Drac

The theme tune? Easy.

[video]http://youtu.be/gVTsnSg-MS4[/video]

milky1980
    Free Member

Turning the handle in the direction indicated will neither open or close it.

The lid will be lifted but as it’s already open it cannot be re-opened. neither will it close it as the string will go the wrong way.

It’s a test to see if you query the question. As in is the question correct. In this case the question is wrong.

mickmcd
    Free Member

It does neither, it stays still, the first 2 cogs are not meshed and the belt is not gripping

I agree completely it was the first thing i looked at, those are not gear teeth

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Does it open or close?’ is closed to new replies.