Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Does anyone actually use the Shimano disc brake lock washers?
  • rossburton
    Free Member

Now I’ve never actually used the disc brake caliper “snap rings” (around the caliper to frame bolt) that Shimano insist on giving everyone and have a fairly large pile of them in my bolts box now. But today I put some brakes on my AWESOME NEW SOLARIS FRAME and discovered some silver things which I’d never seen before.

Looking at the BR-M615 exploded view it turns out these are rotor lock washers. Pretty sure I’ve never seen one of these before, are they new? Has anyone *actually* used them or are they in the bin/parts box?

whitestone
    Free Member

The ones that look like a figure of eight and take two rotor bolts to fix? They were on mine when the bike was built so kept them when replacing the rotors. Last week when I moved to Hope brakes and rotors there were none in the pack/box so didn’t move them over.

Marge
    Free Member

I don’t even fit 6 rotor bolts….

jam-bo

I got them in the box with a new set of disc’s I bought so I fitted them.

And the locking thingy that came with the calliper too.

I did actually have a disc lose 4 out of 6 bolts last year on ride. By the time I’d figured out why the back brake felt weird, four were gone, one was hanging on by a thread and the last one was working loose

mintimperial

I did fit them once out of curiosity, but they’re just unnecessary faff, so generally don’t bother with them. Threadlock and torque the bolts up correctly and they’ll stay on there forever. [Edit: probably. 😯 ]

AWESOME NEW SOLARIS FRAME

Enjoy. 😀

honourablegeorge

Marge – Member
    I don’t even fit 6 rotor bolts….

Madness. You’ll be taking off the little orange stickers next

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone actually use the Shimano disc brake lock washers?’ is closed to new replies.