Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does a slow cooker need water?
  • tails
    Free Member

I thought they did but this recipe http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/slow-cooked_apple-glazed_34785 has no liquid other than the sauce which has very little liquid.

Thanks for any help

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes usually. I am guessing this recipe says not so as to get a sort of texture. Also ribs will give off fat. Sounds worth a try for sure.

Drac

Looking at the pic there’s not a lot of sauce.

simondbarnes

I’ve done plenty of slow cooker recipes without liquid.

tails
    Free Member

Great thanks for the help

nealglover
    Free Member

Have done a very similar ribs recipe and it worked great !!!!

jon1973
    Free Member

I’ve done plenty of slow cooker recipes without liquid.

Yeah, I do this all the time. Did a pork shoulder joint over the weekend. There is enough liquid in the joint itself for it to cook properly without adding any.

dknwhy

As above. We do a leg of lamb weekly in ours without liquid. Rest it on a bed of onions and root veg. Veg and meat release enough liquid. Come home from work, chuck some aunt Bessie’s roast spuds in the oven and you’ve got an easy roast dinner.

701arvn
    Free Member

^^^^ This (but chicken)

Off with the kids to the Pines in the morning, quick swim in the afternoon, Roast dinner when we get home – Result!

johndoh
    Free Member

I do the same with chicken – but I rest it on a few tin foil balls so it doesn’t sit in a load of juice and cooks more evenly (as there is no direct contact with the base).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does a slow cooker need water?’ is closed to new replies.