Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dodgy reporting
  • jeffl

So looks like some poor sod got killed on a bike yesterday whilst time trialling. Reading the BBC article I can’t help but be disappointed by the implication that his bike collided with a van. Obviously there is no way the van could have collided with his bike, FFS. As they don’t know they should have just said that a collision with a van took place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-40680451

kilo

Terrible news, Kingston Phoenix are a lovely group of riders, ridden many of their events. RIP.

amedias
    Free Member

Terrible news, sad all round whatever the circumstances 🙁

Ray Dare died when his bike and a van were involved in a collision on the A41 Ashton Clinton bypass…

already been edited?

aracer
    Free Member

Yes – words were different earlier, I presume they had a complaint about the wording.

edlong
    Free Member

You might like @Brick_Safety on twitter – substitutes “brick” for vehicle in reports of inanimate objects driving themselves into people and things – highlights the absurdity of such reporting.

bails

They always say it’s to avoid prejudicing an investigation or being sued by the driver. Which makes sense when they say “a collision between X and Y” but when they say “X collided with Y” and defend it with “oh we have to say it like that, otherwise Y could sue us”. It’s always the drivers who need to be defended and never the vulnerable road user who’s in hospital/the morgue.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m amazed at the number of self-driving cars we have in the area because according to the reports: “the car lost control”.

manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

Oh S**t I live a mile or so from there and didn’t hear a thing!

Awful news, I have seen multiple time-trialist down the A41 bypass, it’s a dangerous road and wouldn’t recommend riding down it.

I hope the best for the club and relatives RIP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy reporting’ is closed to new replies.