Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Do you like the company you work for?
  • jimdubleyou

It ok. I rarely find myself challenged, but occasionally get to design something interesting.

Company is American, and well known there – so that means we have a lot of corporate BS to deal with.

The people I work with are good people, and I’m well rewarded for what I do + the pension is pretty good.

rascal
    Free Member

Increasingly less and less on a daily basis to the point where I have to make some decisions about whether I want to start again in pastures new 👿 🙁

MrOvershoot

Not today as I had to sack someone, he was a nice bloke but out of his depth in the role & had committed 3 serious H&S breaches.

But I was the one who didn’t want to employ him in the first place as he was possibly the worst person I have ever interviewed but I was overruled by my boss who had worked with him before. 5 years of poor performance by him has worn me out & the total lack of support from the firm (pushing it back to me) has left a bad taste,

seosamh77
    Free Member

dunno, basically just going through a take over, after a period with a cull of 90% staff over the last 5/7 years, so dunno yet, completely different story, could turn out positive, so i’m optimistic.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’m pretty keen on the company I work for. The boss is sound, a really smart cool guy. The admin guy’s epic and the man on the tools too. Not sure about the accountant… But I basically get to make my own decisions and am 100? unsackable

nickc

Yes,

Pros

We do good work; although next to banking, most people have an ‘opnion’ about the sector.
    The people I work with are genuinely good people
    I’m always busy and it’s varied
    My staff are pretty switched on and self starting
    the pay is good

Cons

We are largely at the behest of the Public Sector and some of those organisations are shockingly bad
    The organisations are underfunded, and peoples lives are affected by that, and it’s frustrating as the result is often pushed our way to be blamed or ignored.

Mostly the pros outweigh the cons

BigJohn

I think Glasgowdan and I might have something in common.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Do you like the company you work for?’ is closed to new replies.