Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Do we really need the moon?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Quite an interesting documentary on BBC iplayer if anyone interested. Cool CGI effects too!!

I didn’t realise that the moon was formed by another planet the size of Mars crashing into the earth!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yb5jp/Do_We_Really_Need_the_Moon/

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I guess we don’t need ONE, but here are two

[Mod – Now now WCA]

philconsequence
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well without the moon the atmosphere would be really thick, the earth would be spinning much quicker, there would be no tides, errmmm – it wouldn’t really be the earth.

Harry_the_Spider

Are the Torys trying to sell it?

binners

of course we do. Where would the cheese come from otherwise?

I don’t want to live in a world with no cheese

Northwind

Harry_the_Spider – Member

“Are the Torys trying to sell it?”

Well be honest, while it’s in public ownership access hasn’t been very easy, I’m sure privatising it will help local community groups (Clangers) make better use of this natural resource.

Harry_the_Spider

Well be honest, while it’s in public ownership access hasn’t been very easy, I’m sure privatising it will help local community groups (Clangers) make better use of this natural resource.

I bet they shut the cafe down though and replace it with something poncy when the money could be better spent on new craters or getting rid of all the footprints that have been hanging around since 1969.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

Are the Torys trying to sell it?

there’s no ‘trying to’ in it, they have made up their mind about the Moon too, and will shortly be embarking on a cynical confidence trick known as a “public consultation” in order to make us think there is and never ever was any other option, but we get to feel satisfied that as if by magic, some of the suggestions generated by the public may be exactly how they wanted to sell it anyway.

Surely they should sell the royal family off first though.

Oh, yes the moon is amazing and if there was any multicellular life on earth without the moon it would be prety different to how it is now…

tiggs121
    Free Member

Without the moon we’d have no full moon so the kids would have to rely on Christmas, a windy day or a wasp in the classroom to be a bit hyper!

iDave
    Free Member

what would we want on a stick if there was no moon?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh you want a Yeti on a Stick don’t you??

gordimhor

YES without it how would we see when our batteries fail dont tell the government but thousands of people have been using moonlight to see by for years and not paying a penny, not only that but I know the foreigners have been using massive “windfarms” to blow clouds over here so we get left in the dark 🙂

matchstick
    Free Member

scaredypants

I guess we don’t need ONE, but here are two
    [Mod – Now now WCA]

smirk

j_me
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY6insZjCfU[/video]

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGmPEVwqDVk[/video]

When you are the moon, there is a person people say is the sun. I saw the sun once, and he came past me, really fast. And it was an, it was called, the, an eclipse. And he came fast! But as he came past, I, I licked his back.
    [sticks out tongue]
    And he doesn’t know I licked his back! All in his yellow suit!… I’m the moon.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Someone left winger will undoubtedly soon be blaming Margaret Thatcher for the effects of the Moon.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Do we really need the moon?’ is closed to new replies.