Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Do straight steerer, qr forks have any value any more?
  • Mugboo

My wife’s 2005 Rocky Mountain Slayer needs to go. It’s in great condition but I suspect it’s not worth a lot. It has a good condition Revelation fork. Should I split it and sell it separately?
    The spec is fairly basic and I have removed the brakes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably better, there are plenty of people complaining they can’t get straight steerer forks these days…
    see if any of them want to buy some 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

How much for the fork?

(Does that answer you question?)

MoreCashThanDash

Definitely. Got two 26″ wheeled, straight steerer forked bikes at the moment, next bikes for wife and daughter will probably be built up similar.

Getting decent quality lightweight forks to go on the frames is becoming a nightmare.

If anyone has any Sids or Rebas going spare, email in profile!

jekkyl

Yes they do, if in good nick going rate is about 120-140 for a set of revs.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

From what I’ve seen straight steerer 26in forks seem to sell quick these days, frames not so much, I think people still want to maintain and ride their 26in bikes. I’ve noticed that on ebay the bids and buy it now prices of older straight steerer 26in forks have gone up – I sold some old Pikes and Revelations that were spares about 3 to 4 years ago and I’d be lucky to buy them back at the price they went for now!

Kamakazie

Good timing for this thread. I wasn’t sure about splitting my 2004 Prince Albert but it might be a plan.

Any market for Marzocchi AM1s of just the lighter weight stuff?

Mugboo

Thanks folks.

makkag
    Free Member

My Lads SS revs have just blown up and Sram wont have service parts for at least 90 days so im interested !

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I sold my old fox F 100 forks here recently and had loads of interest.
    Might soon be splitting my old 26er hardtail which has straight steerer Rebas it. Quite a few looking for short travel straight steer air forks to upgrade kids bikes too.

mattyfez

Yeh I suppose a lot of people people might buy a bike just for the forks..so they are probably thinking about the value of the fork and nothing else.. so unless it’s got some other really nice kit in it, the rest of the bike is irrelevant.

I guess ine idea might be to sell the fork and put a cheapish rigid fork on and try and sell the rest as a complete bike, but maybe not economically viable.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 2008 U-turn 100-130 dual air revs that are QR with a straight steerer. I replaced that at Christmas with a set of carbon tapered 120-150 RLT-Ti’s which I picked up for £130. At the time I was amazed that a sets identical forks to my old revs I was taking off were going for £100-120.

tempted to sell them before the interest drops but I have had them from new and they are in excellent condition so holding onto them in case I pick up a “retro” 26″ soul at some point in future. I would struggle to find any in that condition again.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@andyl – another interested buyer and it would be just for that type of project, I have 26 bikes & bits and just missed out recently on an stw-ers 2012 Soul frame

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Do straight steerer, qr forks have any value any more?’ is closed to new replies.