Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DMR Vault – anyone rebuilt.serviced them?
  • honourablegeorge

My left hand one has a tiny bit of play and is noisy when spun – guessing it needs a replacement bearing/bushing/whatever.

Anyone know if there’s a rebuild kit available, or failing that, what do I need from the local bearing shop?

vorlich
    Free Member

Great Rock has a video I think, but I don’t remember how much detail is in it.

honourablegeorge

Found it, ta very much. He reckons a grease and clean will sort minor play. I’ll be giving that a go.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoO4WGNa0B0[/video]

proberts
    Free Member

I had the same thing with my RH vault, after a quick re-built and re-grease it was like new

jonke
    Free Member

I serviced mine with a new bushing and seal from http://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk. Was pretty straight forward. One thing I have noticed is the seals have a habit of becoming unlodged occasionally letting dirt in which obviously kills the bushig & bearing in side pretty quickly – so worth keeping an eye on this.

honourablegeorge

Ta all. Have had them 13 months, and they’re on the hardtail, which sees the most slop, so can’t complain too much, particularly if a clean and grease sorts it.

bikeind
    Free Member

Ed knows the score there.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine were a bit loose recently. It was just the outer bush had come out a bit. Popped it back in and it’s been fine.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Mine did the same as Jonkes and Onzadogs – easy to sort out though just tap the bushes back in with a socket of the right size. Be careful with the end caps – even with a nice new Snap On allen key, I managed to damage one of mine! You can get spares luckily though.

honourablegeorge

Just done this – pop the end cap off, undo the bolt (don’t lose the washer, and remember the drive side nut is reverse thread)), clean, regrease and reassemble. Play is gone, pedal spins smooth with no noise. My drive side pedal was still packed with pristine green Shimano grease after a year of use.

Did I mention these are great pedals?

stevede
    Free Member

Same here with the bushing, tapped back in, bit of grease, job done. Had to replace a bent axle recently, really happy to find out it would only cost £6! Thought i was looking at a fair bit more than that, fair play to dmr for not taking the p#ss.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I struck the drive side pedal HARD on the Mega Qualifier and bent the axle far enough out of allignment that I could feel my foot swinging in and out as I pedalled. The thing began to get a bit tight with the additional forces acting on it and had almost ceized by the end of the run.
    Being a cheapskate, I borrowed a BFO adjustable wrench and a scafolding pole and bent the thing back straight.
    It’s been fine since. Not even a bushing change.
    They are quite resilient.

SimonR

Similar experience to some of the above …. thorough strip, clean, grease and rebuild sorted them out nicely. Had bought some new bushings but didn’t need to fit them in the end.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DMR Vault – anyone rebuilt.serviced them?’ is closed to new replies.