Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Divers Watch (50M) – The budget/fashion edition
  • bentandbroken

So mini-me wants a “Divers watch, nothing fancy, but fancy would be nice”

What’s on offer at the budget end of the market? More importantly what is the right (or wrong) ‘style’ for a 13 year old who has just surprised us with this request….

Kamakazie

Small Seiko would do the job. Most of the normal divers watches will be way too big for a 13yo wrist.

If you want something a bit different, I can wholly recommend a modified Seiko 5 such as the Fifty Fathoms mod (might still be a touch big but check them out at a shop).

TheDTs
    Free Member

I bought a £30 casio a few weeks ago as mine was waiting to be repaired.
    Not as good as this one.
    watch

gobuchul
    Free Member

Technically 50m is not a divers watch. #pedanticgeek 🙂

be way too big for a 13yo wrist.

Aren’t big, oversized watches fashionable?

5thElefant
    Free Member

One or the seiko 5 divers would do the trick. Like this one…

onandon
    Free Member

Why don’t you ask him? He must have got the idea from somewhere.

Kamakazie

gobuchul… to an extent they are yes, and divers watches are designed to be big & bold for use when diving, but that’s on an adult wrist so for a kid, they are likely to be too big.

CountZero

You really can’t go wrong with something like that Seiko 5 5thHefalump posted.
    I’m sure there are some good Casios as well, I’ll have a shufti, back in a tick… 😉
    There’s this one: https://www.amazon.com/Casio-MDV106-1AV-Analog-Watch-Black/dp/B009KYJAJY

Kuco

I’m currently looking for a new watch and came across this Seiko Japanese automatic divers watch on Amazon. I know it’s a bit dearer than 5thElfant suggestion but it is a Japanese version and not Korean.

Clicky

gobuchul
    Free Member

What about getting a “ladies” watch. Smaller face.

This might be a plain for your lad but they are very “authentic”.

Apeks Professional Ladies watch

thepurist

Apeks +1.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Divers Watch (50M) – The budget/fashion edition’ is closed to new replies.