Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Diverge owners- tyre recommendations.
  • vinnyeh

I’ve a smartweld Diverge, after a tyre for the damper months- tyre clearance the frame is a bit more limited than on the current rash of gravel/adventure bikes- I don’t need a full on mud tyre but something that offers a lot more (offload) grip on the edges-lots of greasy hardpack bridleways and field edges round here. Decent road performance is of course a bonus….

flap_jack
    Free Member

I’ve been using Clement XPLOR MSO, tubeless, with good results, but they do wear quick. I’m trying WTB Cross Boss next.

I’ve heli-taped extensively the seat stays, chain stays and fork as there isn’t much clearance and the rear wheel does go out of true all too frequently.

vinnyeh

What width is the Clement?

I’d looked at the Cross Boss as well, but a) it seems to be out of stock everywhere and b) unsure whether it’d fit.

flap_jack
    Free Member

36mm stated, and that’s about right at 40psi. As I said, it’s a tight fit (on the carbon frame) but I did do an Wales off-road coast to coast and had no rubbage. And the performance was incredible, even did a bit of CyB.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Schwable g ones for mixed off road / cx & schwable s one’s for tarmac

wiggles
    Free Member

I use Vittoria xn pro’s, great on road and decent enough on easyish off road stuff because of the side knobs.

I have mudguards as well so 31mm is about as much as I can fit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Diverge owners- tyre recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.