Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Dirt – The Final Issue
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Anyone else still waiting for theirs? 😡

cloudnine
    Free Member

Be surprised if they bother sending out the subs

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I just went and bought a copy from WHsmiths. If mine actually turns up, someone here can have it.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I phoned factory media and they sent me a replacement…no sign of the original

Coyote
    Free Member

Just wrote to them. Will try ringing on Tuesday.

DezB
    Free Member

is it going online only?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes.

timidwheeler

My subs issue hasn’t turned up. I emailed last week and got this information filled reply.

Thank you for your email regarding Dirt Mountain Bike magazine.

I am able to confirm that Factory Media is now no longer taking orders for print subscriptions.

At this time we are unable to confirm any further details, however you will be contacted in due course regarding your subscription.

I trust that this information is of use to you and if I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Hmmm, their ‘trust’ is quite optimistic. I’ll try ringing them for my copy rather than emailing I think.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just bought my first ever issue of Dirt. Good way to say goodbye from then. Designwise a total rip off of the Surfer reboot from around 20 years ago, but always sad to see print go.

twistedpencil

Got an email back asking for my subscriber number so they can chase up where my subs copy is, we must just be the unlucky ones who haven’t received their copy yet

jam1e
    Free Member

Message on Facebook from Dirt:

SUBSCRIBERS: We are really sorry that some of you are having problems with your subs. We use an outside company, and we are trying to get to the bottom of what the problem is. Apologies again.
    Also, you will be having an email sent out to you soon letting you know what the situation is with your refund. Thanks for hanging in there.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

How long before Singletrack goes online only?

hora
    Free Member

Give it two months to a ‘miraculous relaunch due to unprecendented requests’.

The last issue was nice but how much bloody real work?

Mark

How long before Singletrack goes online only?

Not any time soon 🙂

Pook

Is dirt the one that prints neon pink on slightly less pink pages and things like that?

downgrade
    Free Member

Yeah my sub copy has never turned up

eddie11
    Free Member

It’s in the shops now. I nearly bought it for all the old pictures of peat and Warner. Then thought nah…

Did 4x and dirt jumping never happen? I remembered it being huge for dirt but it didn’t jump out at me from the last mag

kimbers

Have to go and find a copy as I’m guessing sub’s won’t turn up

Factory media are douchebags

I remember buying the 1st ever issue, 1996 I think?

Anyway, all of a sudden Jim Buchanan and Enduro magazine are suddenly a lot more influential
    I suppose their online only model could work for dirt tho I’m not a huge fan of the style

hora
    Free Member

Dont bother buying it. Ive flicked through it 4-5 times and not settled on anyone article. Years ago it’d take you a fair few toilet reads toget through.

Its gone.

vondally
    Free Member

First time in a while I bought one and thoroughly enjoyed it, it was raw emotional and captured a feeling of the sport…. Silly, trying a little bit too hard to be punk, but I can forgive it

mindmap3
    Free Member

My copy hasn’t turned up either. I’ve not been contacted about a refund for the remaining issues either. Barstewards.

I remember buying the first copy too…when it used to be good and relevant.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

No subs copy here either 🙁

hora
    Free Member

I’ve not been contacted about a refund for the remaining issues either. Barstewards.

emailed/called them?

twistedpencil

My last issue was dispatched on the 22nd apparently, and the email regarding subs is coming soon. I won’t hold my breath…

Drop them an email, Dirt are responding at least.

twistedpencil

Wow, its just dropped through the letterbox…

jam1e
    Free Member

The latest update on Facebook for those who don’t use Facebook:

SUBSCRIBER UPDATE:
    We have been told that mags are being sent out now. You should get it either today or tomorrow. Once again we are really sorry for the delay, but as mentioned previously, we use an outside company and we are in their hands with things like this!!!

Looks like your mags should be on their way

choppersquad
    Free Member

How much is an online subscription?
    Can’t seem to find out.

Mark

Dont bother buying it. Ive flicked through it 4-5 times and not settled on anyone article. Years ago it’d take you a fair few toilet reads toget through.

Its gone.

Don’t listen to hora (Does anyone anyway? ;-)) It’s the very last issue of Dirt magazine in print form. This is sad and buying the last one ever is hardly going to end up on your regret list.

cloudnine
    Free Member

My sub copy has just arrived..

kevin1911

Has anyone had an email from factory/dirt saying what’s happening with the subscriptions? My sub was a gift so not had any emails, and curious whether they’ll keep the cash and convert me to being a digital subscriber or have the cash back. If the former, does anyone know what a digital sub gets you?

hora
    Free Member

Thats why I bought it..

But like an ex. It was good at the time but something changed.

Northwind

My sub copy arrived today too.

Mark – Resident Grumpy

Don’t listen to hora (Does anyone anyway? ;-)) It’s the very last issue of Dirt magazine in print form. This is sad and buying the last one ever is hardly going to end up on your regret list.

Coyote
    Free Member

Got it and as Mark (Grumpy, not hora) points out it’s the last one. I’ll miss it.

kimbers

Really enjoyed reading it then my sub’s copy turned up today

Very nostalgic issue, but great, kinda regret chucking out so many old copies now, I used to take em on biking trips and leave them in bunkhouses we were staying at so they weren’t just pulled I suppose

Wish I’d at least kept the 1st issue I bought way back in uni!

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve been trying – and failing – to get hold of the last issues of Ride BMX and Sidewalk magazine. If anyone’s spotted any (London) please let me know.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Dirt – The Final Issue’ is closed to new replies.